S3 problems with leaking water

nicklght

Imthegod
Reaction score
Hey everyone, im having a few problems with my s3, the first thing is there seems to be water (fluid) dripping near the front bumper drivers side, but i cant figure out what it is or where its coming from. I have topped up the windscreen water and checked it a few days later and it seemed to have gone down really quick. Do you think its that and if so why is it leaking?

The next problem is there is a knocking/clunking noise coming from the front wheel area! Any ideas?

Cheers

Nick

I think that the connection pipe for the headlamp washwipe is on the driver's side, that's most likely the fault of your leaking problem.

Need more info on the clonking noise, does it happen when driving or navigating corners etc?

i have this problem too, i took the bumper off and its the pump that lifts the washer that is leaking.

Funny that as i have the same problem, think its due to running water in the washer system with no anti-freeze, need to take my bumper off this week and have a gander to find my problem.

Cheers for the info guys i will take my bumper off over the weekend and have a look. Come to think of it i havent put any anti-freeze in mine for ages, will this really cause it to leak though?

As for the knocking sound it seems to be doing it when im just about to pull off and im turning the wheel. Hope that helps?

Sorry to be a pain but i have got another problem, i keep having to top up my coolant every few days. Is this a big problem and why is it doing it?

Cheers everyone

Perhaps you've answered your own question...Coolant leak maybe?

I had a similar problem a few months back.... it was the electric auxillary water pump (sits at the top of the rad) that was leaking between the joints on the pump.... might be worth a look?? Apparently its not fixable just need to get a new pump £95 from the stealer! Rip off!
Got mine done under warrenty so happy!! :)

Cheers for the info, thats what my mechanic reckons it is.

Is it going to be a problem if i dont get it fixed straight away and keep topping it up?

£95 is a rip off!!!!!!!

Cheers
Nick

If the pump is weeping rather than leaking it shouldnt be a major problem, but I would get it sorted sooner rather than later.
But if you're having to top the coolant up everyday get it sorted ASAP, as one thing you dont want with these motors is for them to overheat.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jimbo