help big s3 braking problem

builder al

Reaction score
i bought my s3 last year 2000reg it had a problem with the seat height like an idiot it went to an audi main dealer to have a switch fitted i was told two hours work it came back six days later cost £500.00. it came back with a battery problem , like a muppit i took it back to the main dealer and asked" what have you done to my battery "?it had gone flat and we have only charged it up for you, but you need another battery why the F... did they not tell me when i picked it up . we can stick one on for you why do you have to put it on for me? yes we do or you will loose the computer settings the battery will cost £120.00 double what i could by one for. any way i let them fit it ,the bill came back with the car .after five minutes.£120 plus £90.00 labour +vat will i never learn, since that day another problem has appeared only since the battery was fitted the abs light and esp light comes on at various times i cane drive 100 miles it does not come on ,other times i back it out of the garage it comes on but more alarming is the car has a mind of its own if i brake hard the car seems to snatch the abs kicks in for a second and then a get no brakes it seems to pull to the left scary or what. the thing is when the abs light and esp lights are on the car stops in a straight line without the abs kicking in.I had a reading by vag it came back 01279 027 longitudinal acceleration sensor -g251-implausible signal sporadic and fault 2 read 00812 035 brake pressure release solenoid -84- sporadic what does all this mean ?and any idea how much is this lot going to cost ? and can any one out there recomend a honest guy to sort it out for me although i live in kent i would travel to get this sorted , thanks for your time . its taken me 5 hours to write this book with one finger and my first attempt .

What they said about the battery is complete ********. absolute con.

the longditudinal accel sensor costs about £80 and would probably take you an hr to replace it. iirc and is easy to fit. I replaces my lateral one from a breaking car on ebay but i think they are the same P/N. Do a search and theres loads of info. But there are lots of contradicting part numbers so i would recommend taking it out and having a look.

I have no idea on brake solenoid but its worth doing a search.

thanks to BENR
not sure if the part cost £80.00 from the breakers or that is what they cost from a parts center and if it has to be a main dealer part.
thanks again