Pictures wanted: S3 with B8's, H&R 25 AND 19" rims.

Dennis Moeller

Reaction score
Howdy folks...have B8's and H&R springs lying around, waiting for the winter to go away but I really can't decide whether or not go with 19" wheels...

So please help me decide and throw up your pictures of your S3's with excactly this particular setup...

The more pictures the better...:hubbahubba:

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

This is mine with -25mm H&R's with 19's. I personally wouldnt advise it if the suspension is goin on!! Go for an 18!!!

SJ

Lookin good guys...keep 'em coming :)

Really like the Lambo's had them last spring on my 8P...Nice even on the 8L.

And the Sportec are just über cool...

I'm afraid that my car won't be low enough to match the 19" wheels, weight is not of an important matter since I will be buying light (LIGHT) weight wheels regardless of size! But there are day's where I really regret that I didn't buy Bilstein PSS 9/10 instead...Well Well...

Dennis, there's an A3/S3 pic thread at the top of the 8L Forum index, why not trawl through them for some inspiration, loads of pics in there. ;)

Dennis, there's an A3/S3 pic thread at the top of the 8L Forum index, why not trawl through them for some inspiration, loads of pics in there. ;)

Thanks. I know the thread is there and I trawled through it years ago, and recently :yes:...but there's a lot of different setup's, many not similar to mine and often no info together with picture...

But thanks for the info and advice!

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

This is mine with -25mm H&R's with 19's. I personally wouldnt advise it if the suspension is goin on!! Go for an 18!!!

SJ

Really looks like a perfect setup to me! Why won't you recommend it? Is it's because you have wheels that weigh a tonne (well they do...) or that the suspension can't cope or both? Or a different reason?

Anyone else have pictures of this particular setup (mentioned in title)...?

The wheels actually weighed less than the avus wheels so that wasnt the problem. I found it to be a really harsh ride but i think that was because i only had springs which under damped, so some b8's would make it less bouncy!

Dont get me wrong, they look good, i just think a well set up car needs slightly smaller wheels (18s)

18s are big enough to look good but have enough tyre wall to be comfortable and handle well!!

Oh i also have 20mm spacers all round which personally, i think makes it look lower anyway due to sitting near the edge of the arches!

The wheels actually weighed less than the avus wheels so that wasnt the problem. I found it to be a really harsh ride but i think that was because i only had springs which under damped, so some b8's would make it less bouncy!

Dont get me wrong, they look good, i just think a well set up car needs slightly smaller wheels (18s)

18s are big enough to look good but have enough tyre wall to be comfortable and handle well!!

Oh i also have 20mm spacers all round which personally, i think makes it look lower anyway due to sitting near the edge of the arches!

Spacers will go on since the summer wheels are ET35 with 225/35-19 tires (still havent decided)...Dunno if I install 20mm up front but at least 10mm at the front and 15-20mm at the rear.

B8's and H&R just lying in the garage waiting for the winter to go away and new wheels to arrive.

I've decided on OZ Ultraleggera Antracite (maybe even HLT or what they are called). I'm buying those because they're lightweight and of course they look really good imo. Later when money flows better I will install lighter brakes too. So even if I went for 19" I should be okay weight wise...And the comfort, or lack of, well my last car had 19" with Michelin PSII AND adjustable suspension so it was pretty firm. Still the 17" standard 8P wheels with Pirelli tires were a lot worse...the were firm and really useless to drive with...

Thanks for the info...

Howdy folks...have B8's and H&R springs lying around, waiting for the winter to go away but I really can't decide whether or not go with 19" wheels...

So please help me decide and throw up your pictures of your S3's with excactly this particular setup...

The more pictures the better...:hubbahubba:

Haha Dennis, send your B8's, H&R's and your winter over here (australia). i promise to take care of all of them!!:)