Any chance of getting the s3 50/50

S3BLX

Reaction score
Is it possible to get 50% front wheels and 50% back? or 60/40??? may sound stupid, but is it possible???

My 4wd seems pretty sh*t even in snow back wheels dont seem to do ought? is there any reason for this?

Maybe the uprated haldex controller would help in your quest for more rwd.

Do they really make a big difference?

sitrials had something like that on his, i should think it would make a fair difference foe that kind of money

its gone up,it was 500 quid.

I got one and it makes a difference. Dont know if it makes a difference in the snow though, as I dont do snow, or rain, or dirt.

Haldex controller is awesome!!

I love mine!

Bit pricey but defo recommended!

nice one cheers guys. Wot do you recommend i do 1st Re-map or haldex unit?

brakes, suspension, revo, haldex, sprintbooster, exhaust, downpipe, aero wipers

i've got brembo GT's, full weitech suspension................... so off to jabba or jbs next..woop woop well after my clutch is sorted! :(

S3BLX - do you know we are offering the Custom-Code P1 / Forge DV / Green filter for only £350 at the moment?! Not to be missed :D

Haldex controllers are really good! If this helps at all - maybe have it done the same time you are here for the map etc, I can offer this for £718.75 all in fitted inc VAT.

Mike!

S3BLX - do you know we are offering the Custom-Code P1 / Forge DV / Green filter for only £350 at the moment?! Not to be missed :D

Haldex controllers are really good! If this helps at all - maybe have it done the same time you are here for the map etc, I can offer this for £718.75 all in fitted inc VAT.

Mike!

:wtf:
1.Why do i have to be skint (Damn insurance at 19)
2.Why does so much need doing on the car first :3sadwalk:

How long will that offer be on?

Think i'll be taking up your offer very soon Mike...

Can't afford the haldex controller but i'd like one of those too.

In the snow is seems to take about a second for the rear wheels to kick in when the fronts spin...Is this normal? I assumed it would be nearly instant!

I had a Sachs clutch on my M3 but i hated it. Far too stiff for everyday driving. So i won't be doing the uprated clutch thing again!!

Its a non permanent awd system so there is no set split.

S3 BLX, i looked into the haldex 50/50 split issue in some detail, there are a few options.

1) http://www.qstuning.com/pages.php?page=drivesystem this will force your car into a 50/50 permanent split.

or

2) http://www.thettshop.com/performance.asp?cat=3066&product=600427 they also make an Orange controller which is exactly the same as the blue one but with one difference being that the rear diff is engaged under braking also.

I have to be honest i had the orange one on my car for a few weeks then took it off as i felt the car was slower with it fitted. But other people swear by them saying it gives the car a more neutral 4WD feeling. My car is also fitted with a front LS diff and it grips realy well anyway so this my have a better effect, anyway hope this helps. p.s. go for a map first.

How much is the MTM 50/50 split device then and how does it work. The English is terrible on that site!!!

i Would also like to know how much????

Its £750 awesome kit have it fitted on mine. Search for QST they are the MTM suppliers!

Its £750 awesome kit have it fitted on mine. Search for QST they are the MTM suppliers!

I've just read some bad stuff bout this, saying its like driving a 4x4 with lock diff on???? Whats it drive like? is it switchable between standard and non????

Go for a decent clutch mate, especially if you will be going for a remap.
Mapped S3's eat clutches!

How do they?
Im sure thats down to the mapping and the driving style?
Mines running above standard power on a stock sach clutch

I've just read some bad stuff bout this, saying its like driving a 4x4 with lock diff on???? Whats it drive like? is it switchable between standard and non????

Where ya read that?Any links?

Its not switchable. Drives awesome cant fault it!!

The one on the Qst site is switchable , it will either be 50/50 or your standard haldex. If i were you i would try to find someone who has had this fitted to there car to find out what its like before parting with your cash.

The one on the Qst site is switchable , it will either be 50/50 or your standard haldex. If i were you i would try to find someone who has had this fitted to there car to find out what its like before parting with your cash.

Isit?? How do you switch it?

I've heard the opposite from the australian audi forums. Basically unless you drive with a lead right foot "pedal to the floor" then you are really not going to notice much as the current ratio front/back (although sounds bad) does work pretty well.

Even if you have a bit of fun occastionally , who doesn't (?), is the extra £661 + labour to fit worth it ?