Subtle mods

MickM

Reaction score
Hi All, new here - just in the process of buying an Audi A3 1.8T.

Whats are the usual subtle mods you guys do on them? Don't want anything 'chav' just subtle sporty looking mods. any interior mods that make the inside a better place etc?

Car currently has a remap and sports suspension.

aprreciate input!

the cupra r front splitter is a very subtle exterior mod mate

DEFO recommended

can buy it direct from seat around £21 and easy to fit yourself!!

Lots of little things you can do I guess. For example I swapped the massive standard arial for one from a civic type r. Nice and compact.

aero wipers

side light bulbs

chrome mirrors ( if doesnt already have them)

privacy glass(some people are not fans)

there is an interior ambient light mod that you can do, puts extra red light in the ceiling - the clips and wires are fitted as standard but the bulbs / holder isnt.

Honda (type R, s2000 etc...) aerial, facelift lights (if car is pre-facelift), clear side repeaters. OEM 17" or 18" alloys, aero wipers.

and you a mod that nobody will see:

lightened flywheel and uprated clutch...LOL

I have put the knee braces in from a TT, including the leather pads.
Really uplifts the interior of a pre-facelift.

And gives your knee something to press on whilst 'enthusiastic' cornering

J.

Thanks for the ideas guys, let the mod'ing commence!

One of my fav is my S3 mats from Germany which have the S3 logo embroided on them - makes it look that extra special. Always gets comments whenever someone climbs in!

Another superb and cheap one is painting your carriers and calipers red. (Or the colour of your car if you like) Cost me £13 from halfords for the paint and brushes and took about 3hours waiting for it to dry and giving it two coats. Really makes your brakes stand out and looks very OEM. In fact the new Mk5 GTI's all have red calipers front and back as standard - looks superb. (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/golf-gti-vi/explore/gallery/golf-gti---exterior/)

yes thats right, well done. Now read the thread title again and my post to see a touch of humour which you obviously missed.

read mine again too and tell me where it says the stripes go across the whole length of the car???

One of my fav is my S3 mats from Germany which have the S3 logo embroided on them - makes it look that extra special. Always gets comments whenever someone climbs in!

Another superb and cheap one is painting your carriers and calipers red. (Or the colour of your car if you like) Cost me £13 from halfords for the paint and brushes and took about 3hours waiting for it to dry and giving it two coats. Really makes your brakes stand out and looks very OEM. In fact the new Mk5 GTI's all have red calipers front and back as standard - looks superb. (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/golf-gti-vi/explore/gallery/golf-gti---exterior/)

Where did you get your mats from? you still got the details for them?