JMB RetrofitsChris Nott

Thread: My S3

3rd Gear

Status

My S3

Hi! I've been using this forum for the last year or more to research getting an S3 and I finally got one last September. Just posting to say hello and thanks for all the help and useful info on this site!

I'm from Ireland, so I imported my S3 from the UK. It's a 1999 model.

I've had plenty of the usual problems:
    • Temp Sender & Thermostat
    • Clutch pedal snapping
    • Window sticking down
    • Rear wiper not working
    • Erratic volume problem in Concert I
    But I've finally gotten most of them sorted out. So I decided to follow some detailing\cleaning steps here http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=60187 .

Unfortunately it lashed rain just after I finished the work last weekend. But this weekend I gave her a wash and a polish. So, here's the results...bit overcast...but it is rainy Ireland after all

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Oh, and here is my interior...it was so spotless I felt guilty just sitting in it! So I've stuck a mechanics cover on the seat for my daily commute and save that spotless seat for the weekend .

I also replaced the cloth floor mats, which were spotless too, with some rubber ones..easy to power hose down!

Status

Thumbs up

I have cream alcantara and never use a cover...sorry but it needs to be used to appreciate it.
    oh by the way I used to think the blue is garish but having seen it in the flesh tis good.
    Last edited by voorhees; 1st February 2009 at 20:25. Reason: post script

3rd Gear

Status
    Yeah, I was a bit unsure about the blue too, but I like it. It looks a lot brighter in the pic than it does in real life.

I'd prefer full black leather interior...just saves having to watch the alcantara, which looks bad if it gets really dirty. It's not that easy to clean the alcantara and get it looking fresh again from what I've read.

Dark Knight

Status
    i love the blue and black seats beats full leather holds you better in the seat car looks mint . How many miles has it done ? when did your clutch pedel snap ??
    Current Audi A3 2.0 TDI New shape
    Audi S3 -MAD / Tax Beater /Forge 007/Stage 2 Vagcheck /
    Mk2 G60 Stage 4 Jabbasport
    Corrado G60 Stage 4 Jabbasport / Porsche Rims / bhp 265/ decat

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3mad View Post
    i love the blue and black seats beats full leather holds you better in the seat car looks mint . How many miles has it done ? when did your clutch pedel snap ??
    It only had 68K miles when I bought it and I've brought it up to 74K. It's my daily driver - I do 50 miles a day commuting to work. Most of my commute is motorway driving so I get fairly decent MPG and very little wear and tear on the car .

The clutch pedal snapped around 73K miles. I decided to replace the master cylinder at the same time as getting the pedal replaced.

Dark Knight

Status

Arrow nice

Im just asking as mine has not gone and im over 100k on mine so far . how much did you buy yours for ?

Mine was mint same color as yours until someone has hit it while i was shopping really annoyed but just fed up now of repairing stuff that people do to my car

Quote Originally Posted by metricspaces View Post
    It only had 68K miles when I bought it and I've brought it up to 74K. It's my daily driver - I do 50 miles a day commuting to work. Most of my commute is motorway driving so I get fairly decent MPG and very little wear and tear on the car .

The clutch pedal snapped around 73K miles. I decided to replace the master cylinder at the same time as getting the pedal replaced.

3rd Gear

Status
    I bought the parts myself for about €100 (pedal, clips, master cylinder) and got them fitted for €100 by an independent mechanic.

If you are just replacing the pedal it'll cost you next to nothing.

Also, I bought the parts in Ireland where they are more expensive. You should be able to get them even cheaper in the UK.

Dark Knight

Status

Lightbulb parts

Yes but funny thing its still fine and havent had any problem with it ?
    maybe it only affects some cars but least i know its cheap i can fit most things just cant be bothered unless its broken .

Quote Originally Posted by metricspaces View Post
    I bought the parts myself for about 100 (pedal, clips, master cylinder) and got them fitted for 100 by an independent mechanic.

If you are just replacing the pedal it'll cost you next to nothing.

Also, I bought the parts in Ireland where they are more expensive. You should be able to get them even cheaper in the UK.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Hi mate, car looks good, i have the same interior too and i like it and prefer it to full leather, much more grippier