S3 V6 conversion

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a thread someone asking if anyones used a rotrex supercharger on the 1.8t but after having a nose around surely a v6 would give more power.

anyone know of any about?

and not the bi-turbo one.

I've been thinking the same of late although in to an a3 quattro. Been reading up on some project cars of this nature. Bigger capacity to spool a large turbo quicker. Higher torque due to more power pulses per engine revolution, not to mention the sound.

..........oh, but wait for all the "just go out and buy another car" comments :)

500bhp + and low lag.......much fun.

I've been thinking the same of late although in to an a3 quattro. Been reading up on some project cars of this nature. Bigger capacity to spool a large turbo quicker. Higher torque due to more power pulses per engine revolution, not to mention the sound.

..........oh, but wait for all the "just go out and buy another car" comments :)

500bhp + and low lag.......much fun.

I regret getting rid of my VR6 so this would give me the best of both worlds,of course you would put it in your motor be mad not to.
low lag is a winner

I had a golf VR6 supercharged before my S3 and to be honest it felt sooo much stronger.
I had it in stage 3 set up so was slightly higher on power than my Audi but felt nearer 60bhp more!
The sound of it was sooo much better than the 1.8t but... it was an S3 or an R32 and i knew power was easy with the 20v.

1.8t sound is (if you own one) you don't wish to talk about :eyebrows:

Paul I had a Jetex filter on mine......my avatar! it used to make kids cry and dogs yelp and wimmin wet themselves!

The sound of a vr6 is where its at but i was not impressed by the vr6's power i was sat in on friday night, the sound was there but where is the power? I under stand why folks turbo and super charge them so much now.

The "fun" from a vr6 engine is the low down power. Wrong gear isnt even something that stops them pulling.
I had mine 'charged as it was the next step. I had a large cotton green filter on mine before and the noise was just mad ! i loved it but it made me use too much fuel as i had to hear it all the time.
The reason behind not replacing my vr6 with another was... firstly it cost me 3.8k to get the power to where it was. ( dyno'd at around 320bhp) and in a front wheel drive car it was getting to be a pig to handle. ( it ended in tears and 2 month in hospital )
I now though... maybe would swap my S3 for my old vr6.
Am i mad??
VR6Righteditd.jpg

BlownVr6top.jpg

Or what i have now??

Bosstonhishot3.jpg

S3ondyno.jpg

I love the Vr6. I've owned 2, one normal and one highline. Lovely cars. The sound, oooh hairs on my neck are standing up. Love the noise, really sweet sounding engine.

G

both very nice cars there mate. do like vr6 highlines, something special they are

Seeing as you lads are talking about VR's will post a couple a pics of mine, was estimated to be runnig 245 bhp lovely motor, miss it everyday!!

8600090.jpg

8600094.jpg

MAD VR

Loved the two years i had it and i would buy it back anyday!
Awesome car

wish i had a video to show you the way it use to pop even flamed a few times!

Man i miss it :(

Clean examples are really hard to come by now!

Heathrow tunnel!?? I got a vid of my mates 1.8 VTi flooring it through the little one at the top! MAAAAAAAD i tell you!

Heathrow tunnel!?? I got a vid of my mates 1.8 VTi flooring it through the little one at the top! MAAAAAAAD i tell you!

yeah man thats the 1

I got one of S3 SAFs old yellow S3 and the VR going through there ;)

Lol infact in not gonna ruin this thread with JAP! and vrrrrooooooommmBOOMMMM!

Lol infact in not gonna ruin this thread with JAP! and vrrrrooooooommmBOOMMMM!

Feel free...I was going to say hijack but what the hell and joined in.
petrolheads in motion.

This is it doing 120 at the end of 4th....That thing pulled like a train!!! We had 4 people and 4 heavy suitcases!

And this is in the tunnel!

Don't laugh at my croaky voice I must of been 18 at the time lol!

my mates just turbo'd his rado VR6, sounds naughty!