Grill with black rings

It's DIY, or you can order one from Sportec and pay £££ and I think Damian from DPM Performance also sell them, I'm sure he will be along soon if he does.

Do it yourself, get a flat screwdriver and wedge the grille out, then sand, prime and paint, and bob's your uncle.

Here's my Sportec one. Joe's right - it is a rip off. DIY is what most people have done, and I did my back badge myself.

Grille2.jpg

DSCF0882.jpg

cant the chrome 4 rings badge be prized from the grill and how does the rear one come off? is it clipped or stuck on?

To take the grille out you have to take your front bumper off as it only comes out from the back [I certainly had to take it off anyway].

so is it just a case of sanding until the plating is removed then primer and spray?
also what is best to use for sticking the 4 rings back on the boot?
sounds easy enough,may give it a go with some matt black
how much are they to buy in black?

I'm going to keep the chrome out on the grill to break up the dark grill against the dark paint but I want to black out the rings because I think it transforms the front of the car nicely.

does the chrome surround on the front grill clip off also?

sprayed my chrome outer rim from the grill today.... used some black plastikote prima with about 5 coats....was going to do it in satin afterwards but it looked mint as it was so decided to leave it and see how i get on re stone chips etc....

Here's mine...gave the painter 50 and he did it all in the same color as the car!

DSC_0011-2.jpg

Dennis Moeller...looks very nice mate, keep thinking about doing mine but don't know whether to do the outer crome piece black, the rings black or the whole lot like yours...:think:

Dennis Moeller...looks very nice mate, keep thinking about doing mine but don't know whether to do the outer crome piece black, the rings black or the whole lot like yours...:think:

I actually bought a new set of the chromed logo in case I didn't like the "all balack" look. I think the chromed will be on again soon, just don't have the energy to take off the bumper again...

The chrome surrounding which is now color coded is a stayer!

I was a bit unsure about loosing the crome outer cos i thought it would be good to keep to break up the dark colours. Now i've seen the photos on this thread i'm definitely going to black out the lot.

Personally i think with a black grill to compliment it the mirrors need to be black or maybe even colour coded with the car.

With the chrome surround and rings really drops nice with the chrome mirrors.

If i was to go black, i would go all black mirrors n al!

Fazzah my main man....if you go black i have first refusal on your mirrors! :p

You have a monster of a car there mate. Can't believe how fast it is. So so so fast.

Don't forget the RNS for me mate!

:p

You cant get rid of the chrome mirrors Faz, they're one of the only distinctive features of an S3. You dont want to blend into the A3 crowd :moa:

LOL i know, they are awesome!

But dont you think it would look a lil odd with black grill and surround,from the front would look like chrome bits stickin out lol

The black grille does look really nice though especially on the darker colour cars!

Making the mirrors stand out will make your car look more of a beast and highlight the fact that it is an "S" :thumbsup:

LOL what colour is yours fella, when ya looking to do this?

I see your from herts! Im always in hatfield! Yeah you got me thinking now aswell lol