Car Mopping

copywrite33

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I have a 1997 A3 that i bought recently.

The guy who had it before me decided to touch up the paintwork with a matt spray in a can type stuff...this has resulted in a patchy paintwork over the entire car.

Do you think this will be able to be mopped out or do you think it will be a total respray?

Cheers

O

Yee haa !!! Did he trade the car in for a horse...without seeing it and your brief description it doesn't sound good, probably best to see someone in your area to see what can be done... Pity the ideas some people have.

leggy your hilarious :laugh:

sounds like the bloke has just sprayed over the laquer unless underneath his handywork the damage was down to the paint/metal then you might be in the poop
the detailing section of this forum could give you expert advice if you have no joy here but like leggy said did he part ex for a horse...no no the bit he said about having someone see it is the best soloution.

Lol lads!

I'd imagine that if this previous owner had used a "spray" can to paint various sections of the car over what was clearcoat underneath it would be pretty hard to remove this, even with a polisher.

I don't speak from experience though with additional paint being put on to a car but have my own polisher and use it regularly on my own and other peoples cars.

There may very well be a method of removing the surface coat of paint using chemicals, but i would imagine that if it gets rid of paint your clearcoat as it were underneath would also be affected!

G