JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

help....alarm keep going off!!

as above really. my alarm keeps going off for no reason and now i've just noticed my boot doesnt open with the fob or manually. im pretty sure they're connected but dont know what to do.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    It's probably your rear wiper leaking.

Rain or washer fluid leaks out, or gets past the rear wiper seal on the rear window and drips down...onto the boot lock mechanism.
    It then shorts out the micro switch for the alarm causing false alarms...and can damage the lock/release mechanism if it's the electronic facelift version.

A common problem to VWs with the same wiper through the rear window set up.

If you VAG-Com the alarm it'll probably list the boot lock as being at fault.
    To stop the alarm going off in the short term you can just unplug the wiring to the boot lock microswitch and dry it out, leaving it unplugged.
    Not so good for anti-theft...better for not upsetting your neighbours though.

Do you ever get the boot warning light on, when the boot isn't open?
    That's another sign of the same problem.

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

Dark Knight

Status
    or your alarm needs to be replaced as it sounds like its buggered
    Current Audi A3 2.0 TDI New shape
    Audi S3 -MAD / Tax Beater /Forge 007/Stage 2 Vagcheck /
    Mk2 G60 Stage 4 Jabbasport
    Corrado G60 Stage 4 Jabbasport / Porsche Rims / bhp 265/ decat

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ess_Three View Post
    It's probably your rear wiper leaking.

Rain or washer fluid leaks out, or gets past the rear wiper seal on the rear window and drips down...onto the boot lock mechanism.
    It then shorts out the micro switch for the alarm causing false alarms...and can damage the lock/release mechanism if it's the electronic facelift version.

A common problem to VWs with the same wiper through the rear window set up.

If you VAG-Com the alarm it'll probably list the boot lock as being at fault.
    To stop the alarm going off in the short term you can just unplug the wiring to the boot lock microswitch and dry it out, leaving it unplugged.
    Not so good for anti-theft...better for not upsetting your neighbours though.

Do you ever get the boot warning light on, when the boot isn't open?
    That's another sign of the same problem.
    thanks ess, not to sound stupid but where is the wiring to the boot lock mechanism? the alram stopped going off rndomly for a while without me having to do anything but friday at 2:30am started to get a mind of its own again!!! not fun for me when i had to get up in the freezing cold and disconnect my battery!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    i think ess three is right. i've had the same problem with mine. i've unplugged the siren to save annoying neighbours.

talking to a guy from local vw/audi garage, and he said exactly what ess said.
    i'm going to try having a proper look this weekend

6th Gear

Status
    the siren in the boot is it? im crap at these things. wont my indicators still be flashing away though?

2nd Gear

Status
    yes, lights will stil flash, but saves the noise.

the siren is on passenger side of car, down back of wheel arch,underneath the sub.
    strip some of the interior out to get access. it sits under the central locking pump i think. ******* to get ur hands too!

6th Gear

Status
    right wll give this a go tomorow i think. does anyone know which fuse the alarm fuse is?