Just ordered new wheels need tyre advice

Autograph Baz

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
My new wheels are finally ready, I ordered them a few weeks ago as I didnt want to run spacers so I have had the wheels made to a better offset. I have 8x18 front wheels that are ET25 and the rears are 9x18 ET35 I was planning on running 225/40/18 front and hopefully 255/35/18 rears with the car lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit Springs. I dont know whether there will be enough clearance at the rear if not I will have to stretch either a 235/40 or 245/35 rear. Has any one run this combo/setup?

9'' isn't THAT wide on the back, so personally, I think I'd run the 235/40's on the rear.

I don't see any need for something as big as 255's on the back.

I've also heard many people saying that different rolling radius's have a negative effect on the haldex system, although I wouldn't quote me on that!

The 255/35/18 is the closest match to the correct rolling radius to keep the haldex in check

Theres a rolling radius guide on wak-tt's site if that'll help?

What wheels have you gone for then? 9 wides are fine you can get away with 10's on the back with ease...

Jason

I have a 2000 S3 in black with they grey inserts on the bumpers and doors so I decided to go for wheels with Anthracite coloured centres instead of black to break things up a little. The wheels are Team Dynamics Equinox which have big stainless lips. The rears have a wider stainless lip.
equinoxblacksml.jpg

Sorry for the crap image, I will post some proper photos of the car before and after fitment.