AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Just ordered new wheels need tyre advice

My new wheels are finally ready, I ordered them a few weeks ago as I didnt want to run spacers so I have had the wheels made to a better offset. I have 8x18 front wheels that are ET25 and the rears are 9x18 ET35 I was planning on running 225/40/18 front and hopefully 255/35/18 rears with the car lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit Springs. I dont know whether there will be enough clearance at the rear if not I will have to stretch either a 235/40 or 245/35 rear. Has any one run this combo/setup?

2. # ADS
    ADS

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    9'' isn't THAT wide on the back, so personally, I think I'd run the 235/40's on the rear.

I don't see any need for something as big as 255's on the back.

I've also heard many people saying that different rolling radius's have a negative effect on the haldex system, although I wouldn't quote me on that!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Reverse Gear

Status
    The 255/35/18 is the closest match to the correct rolling radius to keep the haldex in check

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Theres a rolling radius guide on wak-tt's site if that'll help?

What wheels have you gone for then? 9 wides are fine you can get away with 10's on the back with ease...

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have a 2000 S3 in black with they grey inserts on the bumpers and doors so I decided to go for wheels with Anthracite coloured centres instead of black to break things up a little. The wheels are Team Dynamics Equinox which have big stainless lips. The rears have a wider stainless lip.

Sorry for the crap image, I will post some proper photos of the car before and after fitment.