A3 Diagnostic Software

Keefo

Reaction score
Hi all, im currently researching into possibly getting some Diagnostic Software for my A3.

First off is the cars connection OBDII?

And is there just VAG-COM that u can use with the A3? or are there other alternatives?

Im after somethig that can read error codes, and also show some Live information (the more eye candy the better haha)

I would seriously consider vagcom other than any other one. It will an excelelnt piece of kit and depending on your needs, you could as well buy a cheap ebay cable and download the shareware from rosstech and get used to it.

VAGCOM for teh win tbh.... I got mine with the KII USB interface as its cheaper than the HEX one and I shall only be using it on my 2001 S3 anyway for the next few years.

That combo cost me about £180 iirc, its gone up a bit recently due to £ v $ but if you plan on doing anything to your car including your own servicing its a worthwhile investment... saved me loads in recent months while I have been having probs with my car.

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCKU.html

<tuffty/>

Im willing to Pay yeah haha

Im just wanting a peice of software that i can use to keep an eye on my car with, as i have had VERY bad luck with my cars...

Had my licence a year and within that year the first month of driving, i smashed my Saxo...

Then got an Astra, engine blew up...
Spent alot of money having a new engine fitted... that blew up, so im just REALLY twitchy now lmfao

so did the Astra!! i think..... lmfao

I wasent even going fast the first time, and the second time a Rod went through the bottom end haha and at that time i was only entering the motorway and wasent ragging the *** off it!

lmfao!! crash wasent my falt! honestly!

Cross junktion, side swiped by a transit van span into another car!!

and the Saxo was a cool little first car :p lmao

I have a VAG COM 704.1 HEX+CAN-USB interface that i am looking to sell as i now have the VCDS805, alot better than the shareware stuff on Ebay as it allows FULL functions and comes with 83page Pdf Manual..