Yellow Fogs!

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys! My fogs look yellow I noticed (when it WAS foggy before everyone thinks im a chav!) compared to my other bulbs, almost imbarrased to use them LOL! There phillips 50% more light ones as well, bit dissapointed! (all other cars I've seen are proper bright white!)

Any suggestions what bulbs u can use for a nice pure white light? Osrams I hear are good.. Anyone tried any Halfords ones though? (have a trade card there!) There H7 by the way.

sounds simple but is the glass dirty?

HID!

08032008035.jpg

hopefully in front of the police car

Arent yellow or normal non HID lights supposed to be better for fog rather than white lights??

when you say 'HID' do you mean buying HID bulbs or a whole converstion... No glass is fine mate on outside

the best bulbs around are PIAA, they are expensive but amazing (about 50 for the pair)

they are the only ones that i have found that you can really see the difference.

Got PIAA Xtreme Force 4700k all round H7 for mains and fogs and sides - awesome is the word.

Photo060.jpg
Photo059.jpg

Cool! So basically it's spend around £50 to get PIAA white bulbs then.. Pants thought it would be cheaper than that...

Osram Night Breakers seem to get OK reviews at half the cost of the PIAA's. That's quite a saving if buying two pairs (full beam and fogs).

ICE

HID would require another kit to be purchased. Can be has for around £50 on ebay, making sure that the correct bulb fitment is purchased though.

Not sure what the bulb type is in the fog? H7 maybe?

You'd have to take off the bumper to fit the kit too though as you'd have to mount the extra ballasts.

I'd save and go HID, think it is unmistakeable. :)

i thought fogs were meant to be yellow becuase yellow light cuts through fog better than whiter lights.

Osram Night Breakers seem to get OK reviews at half the cost of the PIAA's. That's quite a saving if buying two pairs (full beam and fogs).

ICE

May consider them if they aren't yellow! Can't justify the cost of going HiD...

I can confirm you need for a 2002 S3:

H7 for the full beam
W5W for the sides
H7 for the fogs

I'm thinking Osram Night Breakers are the kiddies for a white light - just need someone to confirm this or PIAA

I bought a set of night breakers too. Fitted them today (with new fog light housings) and I would say they are whiter, but not as much as expected. However, they were at a price I could justify unlike the PIAA's.

Providing the bulbs last I think they are an improvement.

ICE

Really? How random... Hmm no I couldn't tell a difference if I'm honest but yeah I cant justify the PIA costs either... So if anyone wants some H7 Nightbreakers for the normal full beam let me know would be willing to part with them for a tenner plus p&p