s3 over heated on me today

Haglos

jabba mapped
Reaction score
:mad: was sitting in traffic because west ham was playing and i noticed my temp gauge was nearly hitting 120 degrees so pulled over straight away turned car off and had a look under bonnet to notice water ******* out of the pipe which is attached to the engine and to the temp sensor.

would this be due to the fans not cutting in as well as the water leak?

Could be the fans not working and the pressure build up burst something. Or you just had a burst.

Fix the offending leak and then run the car. If it goes over 90 again switch off and check fan fuses on top of the battery.
Another way to check the fans is to switch on the air-con. They should run then. If not, could be the controller under the battery.
Also check the pump is working by looking to see if coolant is pumping into the expansion bottle (although a pump problem is usually seen at higher revs).

ok i see yeah i have ordered the pipe which comes in tomorrow and a new temp sensor so once is fitted i will run some tests but thanks for the reply will let you know how it goes

Hi,
My car did the over heating trick last year.
It turned out that the small fuse box on top of the batery has some how got a bit damp and the fuse conections had gone green.
I changed the fuse box and its fine now...
Hope you sort it soon.

thanks for the help guys changed the pipe let the car run anf fans was not cutting in so i just pushed the fuse in and they started working and there is green gunge inside but i cleaned up the terminals so hopefully its runs fine cheers for the help