how often does haldex oil and filter need chaning?

buntyhoven

Reaction score
As title says, how often does haldex oil and filter need changing? Just checking when mine was last done. Is it a big job to change the filter?

There's a specific tool you need to buy to remove the filter which is about £25. Not sure if it's possible to make your own..maybe someone else has experience of it?

I just paid the garage £50 to do mine which isn't too bad considering the oil and filter were £35.

I got the tool off ebay for £30. Its quite big! do a search for haldex tool and you should find it.

My local stealers were quoting £160 for oil and filter. I like to do the work myself so that I learn a bit more about the car. I also have access to a pit so that makes life a lot easier :yahoo:

Needs to be done every 116k so getting mine done saturday:laugh:

Needs to be done every 116k so getting mine done saturday:laugh:

????

From what I understand, Oil every 20k, filter every 40k but as suggested here and especially if you do it yourself, 20k for both. I bought the tool from GSF for about £18... They quoted me about £25 initially and I just asked if thats the best price they can do on that... :)

Not actually done mine yet as its due in the next 4k for me but can be done using ramps or jacked very high. Problem is the oil needing to be injected using a caulking gun. What I have seem done is the nozzle being cut in half and joined with rubber tube so you can hold at an angle otherwise the oil is injected up directly from underneath the car.

<tuffty/>

filters a ****** to get off i got mine of with a big pair of grips

Isnt it 20k for oil and 40k for filter??

Rich, did you do yours yourself???

How long did it take??

Where is the filter actually located as well??

Westle, are you far from Brum??

Stafford Audi have an offer on Ebay to do a Haldex oil and filter change for £95.

Hi, if you have a Andrew Page near yourself they stock the Haldex filters,oil and tool in most branch's. I work for them.