Anyone used Mintex Redbox Pads?

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Seem to be plenty of cheap sets going on Ebay, opinions or experiences of them greatly appreciated pls!

You know what I think of them Fran!

I found them to be considerably worse than standard pads, and took them off within weeks as I found my brakes to be dangerous with these pads.

Are you actually running some mate? Any brake squeal which I've heard can happen on these pads?

Cheers

I am running some at present for the past 10k. No squeal, little dust and good price.

Thanks Jester, how do they compare performance wise over OEM? About the same or marginally better? Thanks

Ive used these and found them to be equally as good as standard equipment, at a very good price. In short if your happy with the standard brakes dont think you'll be disappointed with these. However if your looking for improved performance then go for Ferodo DS2500's but they are considerably more expensive.

I've got these on the front. Done about 4k. Not noticed any better performance over OEM but definately as good. Much less dust than OEM and no squeals at all (although isn't that more to do with pad backs rubbing in the caliper ie not enough copper grease?)

Great cheers everyone will give them a go!