Audi A3 1.9 TDI Advice

modd1uk

Biker
Reaction score
Hi guys, hopefully theres some useful people on here that can help me with my car dilema..

At the moment i own the best car in the world ( obviously joking ) a 2006 Grande Punto 1.4 8v ......:hubbahubba:.

Now its got me a years no claims so i cant hate it too much, but it will cost me the same on insurance for an Audi A3 1.9TDI on an 03 plate...so i might aswel drive round in something that looks a bit nicer and hopefully have a bit more GO in it, i own a motorcycle for the real speed/thrills ( thats just my opinion btw, im not saying cars are better than bikes ).

What variants of the A3 1.9 TDI are there ? are they a good car ? what should i expect to pay for a nice one, what sorta figures do they kick out etc, im pretty much set on an A3 1.9 TDI...looks nice, can be tastefully modded without going OTT, not too much on insurance and hopefully have decent MPG for the motorway trips i do.

Thanks in advance guys.

Andy

Ok ive been advised to look at a GOLF MK4 GT TDI 130 too ?

I got a 1.9TDI mate and its best car ive had. get 550-600miles to tank and ive s3'd my one...

Ive got a 1.9tdi and i love mine too. It does sound like a van/lorry but i love it. Loads of miles to the tank (prob 600ish possibly more) and my tax is ~£115 and i think its coming down next year.

plenty of power and torque for my liking.

IIRC They came in 90, 100, 110 and 130 bhp. I have the 110 and its pretty good but it will remap to approx 140ps and loads of torque ive been told.

Can get some bargains now, im not sure about prices but get a decent spec facelift. Make sure cambelt and services have been done. I wouldnt let milage be a decider too as these diesels are usually motorway milage and they are rock solid.

I had a 130bhp FWD A3 for 5+ years - I couldn't fault it.

If you can afford to, i'd opt for the 130 quattro as it's a very good allrounder (then get it mapped to improve the torque delivery)

I did a write up a few years back in the diesel section if your considering a remap as well?

I've got an A3 1.9Tdi Quattro Sport. It is a mouthful, love it though. Only bother i have had was the air con condensor got a stone through it and i replaced it.

I love the car I can get 600 miles being anally slow but get closer to 550 on a drive down to my brothers in London.

Tax is dearer on it too. I would recommend fwd as you will save a fare bit of cash.

All round though, much better than the punto.:blackrs4: