Meeting at the Pod

I should be up for that but will bring my camera rather than have a go methinks... that said... If I ever get my car sorted, you never know ;P

<tuffty/>

Even if its used as a venue rather than it being obligatory to run on the strip, i recon it would be a good idea

oooh thuis is tempting especially with the lower temps present than the summer months...wont matter if ive fitted the FMIC as much:eyebrows:

Will need to maybe contact them to see if Audis are allowed,lol

Audi's are defo allowed mate, ive been quite a few times, any VAG cars, so SEAT, SKODA, VW and AUDI. A couple of years ago there was even a clio running on the strip, they let it in because it had a VAG 1.8T engine:thumbsup:

really really interested:eek:), only 100 miles from me, unlimited runs according to the website..... whats the queues like?

really really interested:eek:), only 100 miles from me, unlimited runs according to the website..... whats the queues like?

GTI festival is usually attended by a fair few people, but it's not been "full" by any standards in the last few years...mostly due to adverse weather. If the weather is good you will get a good set of runs in, more if you arrive early or wait till late in the day.

The only prob is that racing stops if it rains and then you have to wait for the track to be dryed out (via a cool jet powered thing).

think this is a go-er for me on condition that a decent lot off here are going.... make it worth while

I'll be at pod on the 29th of march so count me in, not sure if i'm running the S3 or my golf though. Maybe run them both if the g/f fancys a go.

Audi's are defo allowed mate, ive been quite a few times, any VAG cars, so SEAT, SKODA, VW and AUDI. A couple of years ago there was even a clio running on the strip, they let it in because it had a VAG 1.8T engine:thumbsup:

Was that the clio that went down the strip and its window fell out by any chance???????????????? Rate funny, but quite quick.:lmfao:

think this is a go-er for me on condition that a decent lot off here are going.... make it worth while

Could get a few from our area and all drive down????????

im coming. if the engine is runnin the way i want it ill get it on the strip too.

dunnohowImgonnagetthemallin-1.jpg

The shed is blocked off now so no more getting a bit of smoke to the nutters
100_0223.jpg

unusualalloys.jpg

Bump... People still up for this?? There's 30 something people on the list, can we have a club area for that many??

I'll try and show my face. job permitting

We have booked space for 35 cars with the orgainisers so thats no problem. Closer the time we will gather car types/styles and real names etc to help identify people on the day etc as well as supply contact details forus etc.

I am hoping to fetch some stickers along an if the banner can be found, that too

good stuff, really looking forward to this although having reservations about my launch, dont wana cut short my clutch life:sob:

Good stuff keep us all posted! 30 of us would be a great day out!!

I'll be coming from Ipswich, If anyone want's to meet on the way they're more than welcome!

good stuff, really looking forward to this although having reservations about my launch, dont wana cut short my clutch life:sob:

when the cars at 5500 revs your waiting for it to bang! and your hearts a pounding!
is a good experiance but bear in mind ballcrusher was a regular at the pod (the same ballcrusher with a knackered gearbox) :eyebrows:

4000 rpm and dump on the green, you gotta love quattro !! At least thats how i launch the A3, seems to be a nice compomise between stripping the gearbox/clutch and geting away quickly and cleanly

What time are most people thinking of turning up? Not been to Santa Pod before so not sure what the traffic will be like.

I think people are sort of saying from 9ish, gates open at half 8 i think and the strip opens at half 10

I'd like to come just to see your cars on the strip...don't suppose there's a chance of being with the club stand though? Too late am I?

S£;702504 said:
I think people are sort of saying from 9ish, gates open at half 8 i think and the strip opens at half 10

Just remembered the clocks go forward that day... even earlier start for me then!!!

Prolly look to get there for 9:30ish then