Second DV failing?

A3ster

Reaction score
Hi all, I replaced my DV with a new OEM one 2 months ago because there was the usual chatter sound and now it sounds like the second one is starting to make the same noise!? Sounds to me like there could be an issue other than the DV, any ideas or should I expect a big bill shortly :scared2:

if it has, perhaps the incresed boost has caused it to fail again?...as far as i am aware they are not very robust...im sure somebody else will be able to offer some more useful advice:meeting:

Get a Forge item you can get different internal springs to handle the different pressure levels

thanks for the replies, no it hasnt been mapped. I think the problem must be elsewhere. Ive been thinking of remapping it but want to make sure its running right first.

try using a forge 007p, as these dont have the naff diafram the oem ones have

My local VW dealership that I used to get my DV had a note displayed saying that all their parts carry a 24 month warranty, I say take it back (again and again if need be). I've had my replacement DV for about 3 months and haven't had any issues yet (touches wood).

Thanks for the replies, was thinking about sending it back but VagParts have closed down :(

I was driving home yesterday with one of my windows down and notices a fluttering noise. I have a forge DV and its only about 6 months old. I need to give my entire boost circuit a good inspection as I haven't done so since owning the car and boost seems to be a bit vacant sometimes!