Asked for standard S3 brake pads..

Jimmeh

Reaction score
GSF quoted me £41.. My local automotive dealership (Allwoods) said £21. Deal.

"Stock Audi S3, 2001, pads with the sensor, here you are sir!"

At this point, let me explain that I know nothing about pads etc.. I took a long read into the DS2500, DS3000.. but honestly, I wouldn't personally see the benefit.

The pads I was supplied are "Apec" pads.. A friend said to return them, go to Audi, or get the ones from GSF. (more likely to be 'the' stock item that Audi uses)

Can anyone help me with this one? I'm close to going back to refund the pads and going elsewhere, but before I do, can I have a second opinion in that I'm making the right move!?

Ta :)

Well if you want the originals then Audi it is??

I'd of thought the automotive place I went were able to supply the same kind, obviously not?!

The GSF pads at £41 sounds about right.

I just wondered if anyone has had any experience with 'Apec' is in the passed.

I think GF said zimmerman pads were like oem may have the name wrong tbh as its years since I changed them. You can always get cheap pads from a local factor but they are normally c@rp and create loads of break dust.

I fitted Mintex pads and discs from ebay - £70. No better or worse than the OEM they replaced, except they seem to leave less brake dust on the wheels

I fitted Mintex pads and discs from ebay - £70. No better or worse than the OEM they replaced, except they seem to leave less brake dust on the wheels

Really??? Interesting, may be worth it for less brake dust alone then. I'm also replacing my discs with grooved (not drilled) black diamonds which i hear nothing but praise for... When funds allow....