Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Any ideas how to fit short shift?

Hi

Im buying a tt short shift on the weekend and would be grateful if anyone could give any advice and help on how to fit it or does anybody know the section it will come under in the haynes manual?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm going to fit a dieselgeek shortshifter, have it on my desk. Just need the time to do it. SHouldn't be that hard, I will post what I experience...
    My old car.. Still miss the lil rocket :-)

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Moeller View Post
    I'm going to fit a dieselgeek shortshifter, have it on my desk. Just need the time to do it. SHouldn't be that hard, I will post what I experience...
    Go on the diesel geek website they have the fitting instructions for the kit.

Thats what i used when fitting mine, was really easy and its such an awesome mod love it
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Reverse Gear

Status
    ok then cheers dennis.
    Il look forward to seeing how you get on

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr_1990@hotmail.com View Post
    Hi

Im buying a tt short shift on the weekend and would be grateful if anyone could give any advice and help on how to fit it or does anybody know the section it will come under in the haynes manual?
    Is yours an S3? I heard that some facelift S3's allready use this part...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi fran, i wish it was an s3
    but na its just the 1.8 20v non turbo

5th Gear

Status
    Arr ok no worries, then yeah will make a difference.

I had that engine few years ago, Mk4 GTI non turbo... 125BHP aren't they? I superchipped it and put a carbonio on it... got it to about 148bhp Good fun while I was building my no claims...

Reverse Gear

Status
    ye 125bhp. i was thinking of getting it mapped but it wasnt worth the cost for 5 bhp or whatever it would of given me.

how much was it to be chipped?

this may sound a stupid question, but what differences will i get with the short shift? i dont really know a great deal about cars etc

thanks

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr_1990@hotmail.com View Post
    ye 125bhp. i was thinking of getting it mapped but it wasnt worth the cost for 5 bhp or whatever it would of given me.

how much was it to be chipped?

this may sound a stupid question, but what differences will i get with the short shift? i dont really know a great deal about cars etc

thanks
    Yeah it cost me about 250 + VAT to be chipped and your right I only gained about 7bhp and some torque which was what i was more interested. Looking back I def wouldn't of done it as I was expecting more and I could hardly notice it if im honest... Only slightly, just felt it was reving a bit more freeier but that's it...

With the short shift it'll be a smaller throw to change gear which will make a difference when you need to change gear quickly... I'd rate that much more over chipping it, will let you change gear quicker which really will make a difference.

Reverse Gear

Status
    ok then il wait to see how you get on with the short shift, to see whether il get audi to fit it or attempt it myself