Any ideas how to fit short shift?

mrr_1990@hotmail.com

Reaction score
Hi

Im buying a tt short shift on the weekend and would be grateful if anyone could give any advice and help on how to fit it or does anybody know the section it will come under in the haynes manual?

I'm going to fit a dieselgeek shortshifter, have it on my desk. Just need the time to do it. SHouldn't be that hard, I will post what I experience...

I'm going to fit a dieselgeek shortshifter, have it on my desk. Just need the time to do it. SHouldn't be that hard, I will post what I experience...

Go on the diesel geek website they have the fitting instructions for the kit.

Thats what i used when fitting mine, was really easy and its such an awesome mod love it

Hi

Im buying a tt short shift on the weekend and would be grateful if anyone could give any advice and help on how to fit it or does anybody know the section it will come under in the haynes manual?

Is yours an S3? I heard that some facelift S3's allready use this part...

Arr ok no worries, then yeah will make a difference.

I had that engine few years ago, Mk4 GTI non turbo... 125BHP aren't they? I superchipped it and put a carbonio on it... got it to about 148bhp Good fun while I was building my no claims...

ye 125bhp. i was thinking of getting it mapped but it wasnt worth the cost for 5 bhp or whatever it would of given me.

how much was it to be chipped?

this may sound a stupid question, but what differences will i get with the short shift? i dont really know a great deal about cars etc

thanks

ye 125bhp. i was thinking of getting it mapped but it wasnt worth the cost for 5 bhp or whatever it would of given me.

how much was it to be chipped?

this may sound a stupid question, but what differences will i get with the short shift? i dont really know a great deal about cars etc

thanks

Yeah it cost me about £250 + VAT to be chipped and your right I only gained about 7bhp and some torque which was what i was more interested. Looking back I def wouldn't of done it as I was expecting more and I could hardly notice it if im honest... Only slightly, just felt it was reving a bit more freeier but that's it...

With the short shift it'll be a smaller throw to change gear which will make a difference when you need to change gear quickly... I'd rate that much more over chipping it, will let you change gear quicker which really will make a difference.

ok then il wait to see how you get on with the short shift, to see whether il get audi to fit it or attempt it myself