Time for a remamp - CC, Revo, APR or other???

Andy_S3

Reaction score
First of all apologies for starting another ****** remap thread! Im taking the plunge and getting my S3 remapped. My Dad is also getting 06 A3 1.9TDi Sport 105ps done at the same time, hopefully so we get some form of discount.

Im a bit put off by Revo as from what ive heard theyre pretty aggresive and will probably wear out clutches etc quicker than other maps.

Havent spoken to Custom Code (JBS in Chesterfield) yet but they seem a good choice.

Have spoken to Awesome GTI (APR) and although they can give me discount, the map on the S3 would only be a generic one, whereas Dads A3 would get the custom treatment, and would have to travel to Manchester to get it done.

But I have also heard really good things about Bell Auto Services near York, has anyone had any dealings with them? They are the closest to me, the cheapest, and each map is custom to the car. So Im swaying towards them at the mo.

Just wanted people opinons before I commit.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post! :icon_thumright:

Would be very suprised if Revo sped up the ware of your clutch. Not unless you cant drive or do full bore launches all the time.

In regards to CC or Revo I'd say go with the closest or the best deal.

Im having Revo done.

Im a bit put off by Revo as from what ive heard theyre pretty aggresive and will probably wear out clutches etc quicker than other maps.

I have had mine remapped three years ago and I am not miss daisy behind the wheel and have never had a problem relating to the remap.

I'd go to the JBS section and look at their prices for a custard code one also get the n75 upgraded to a J version

Apologies if the clutch issues are wrong, its only from what Ive heard from 3rd parties - the reason Ive come on here to ask the real experts!

How much can I pick an N75J valve for? Ive been thinking of getting one of these fitted for some time but again ive heard these can be problematic. Is this a myth also?

How much can I pick an N75J valve for? Ive been thinking of getting one of these fitted for some time but again ive heard these can be problematic. Is this a myth also?

get it changed and keep your old one if your not sure
£50 for the valve I think

One thing to bear in mind is that a remap can make a wearing clutch more pronounced. My car had no signs of a dodgy clutch to start with but after my CC remap it started slipping almost straight away. As soon as it boost came in while in 5th and 6th gears to begin with and then as it got progressively worse it started affecting other gears as well.

I had cc on my S3 but after being totally dissapointed with it i changed to Revo and havn't looked back since.:)

CC was a waste of £320:mad:

our software isn't aggressive if you don't want it to be!

it's all in the settings as to how you want the car to feel :)

Carl would revo do any form of dicsount for doing 2 cars at the same time? Or would I have to contact my local dealer to find that out? Ive tried ringing them, but got no answer :(

we can't do any deals as we wont undercut our dealers!

best off contacting your local dealer, pm me your postcode and i'll point you in the right direction :)

I had cc on my S3 but after being totally dissapointed with it i changed to Revo and havn't looked back since.:)

CC was a waste of £320:mad:

ANd based on mine and Jims testing you have a map that does almost exactly the same....is that worth the extra cost?:keule::search:

Carl doesnt the Revo act within certain parameters? ie if you make it smoother you will be reducing the potential BHP to make it smoother(for what the figure is worth)...im not slating Revo as i actually quite like the boost come in, but i wouldnt pay the extra to change my CC as the CC suits the way i drive and offers the same performance with less push back in seat action, through a wider rev range

if i wanted to be pushed in my seat id go Revo, if i wanted smooth id go CC

What im getting at is that if you adjust the revo settings it wouldnt spread the same power across the whole rev range like the CC, it would just reduce the area where it does boost therefore giving less power

Smooth doesn't mean less BHP, but probably means less torque at certain points in the rev range.

A more agressive map will be set for high torque low down, for that kick in the butt feeling.

S3 clutches are a lottery, some will last, others don't. Common sense hints that more torque = more possible slip, but people get slip with all brands of map.

How much is it to replace a clutch at an indie garage roughly? £500???

How much is it to replace a clutch at an indie garage roughly? £500???

£500 should just about cover the labour! Mine was £950 for clutch and dual-mass flywheel. It's quoted as an 8 hour job. You may be able to find it cheaper (I've seen some people say they've got theirs done for £600) but around a grand is a good guesstimate.

Carl doesnt the Revo act within certain parameters? ie if you make it smoother you will be reducing the potential BHP to make it smoother(for what the figure is worth)...im not slating Revo as i actually quite like the boost come in, but i wouldnt pay the extra to change my CC as the CC suits the way i drive and offers the same performance with less push back in seat action, through a wider rev range

if i wanted to be pushed in my seat id go Revo, if i wanted smooth id go CC

What im getting at is that if you adjust the revo settings it wouldnt spread the same power across the whole rev range like the CC, it would just reduce the area where it does boost therefore giving less power

no, as stated our software can be as linear or as agressive as the user wants and still put the numbers down! :)

variable settings offer a wide range choice! :)

cheers for replying Carl, I appreciate wide ranges of settings create a wide choice.... im not gonna get anything but a sweeping statement am i:think:

Tim I'll give you a passenger ride and change the settings so you'll understand what carl means if this helps :eyebrows:

PS bring brown pants

haha cheers Jas....

im just curious about this as if Revo can do exactly what another map can do then surely the whole 'penis length' testing that we tend to do on here is completely pointless..... all we get from suppliers of these maps is generic statements about what they can do, yes i understand that there could be complications by putting one map against another but from our testing there wasnt anything in it at all, surely one of them could come up and say, YES we can do what 'this' firm can, in which case its a price issue for the new people struggling to decide rather than one firm being better than another.

The main comments come from Revo mainly(no offence)

the engine can only achieve so much with the ECU remapped so they are all going to hit around the same BHP

Revo rocks though

As mentioned we are offering a cracking deal at the moment :)

Custom-Code Phase 1
Green Cotton air filter
Forge 007P DV

All in fitted for only £350.00!!! BARGIN!

See our section for more info :)

Mike

Unfortunately Mike I aready have a Pipercross panel filter and Forge Spliter Recirc valve fitted!!! So is there any variation on the price of the CC phase 1 on its own? :whistle2:

no, as stated our software can be as linear or as agressive as the user wants and still put the numbers down! :)

variable settings offer a wide range choice! :)

Is this 'Variable Setting' an optional extra? (ie extra cost)

And im just wondering what people with the APR fitted think of theirs? I guess Tim is right in saying its more of a price & customer service issue than anything else with the big brands out there as they all seem similar

Thanks Mike, ill be in touch i think, as soon as Ive gone through it with the old man.

Have you thought of having the revo try before you buy map?

Does anyone know if CC do a similar thing?

Have you thought of having the revo try before you buy map?

Does anyone know if CC do a similar thing?

Have heard (again possibly a myth) that once the trial is up it doesnt revert back to how it was before, which puts me off a bit.

never driven a standard s3,but mine has a revo map and feels nice,still not as aggresive or as quick as my td05 on my wrx impreza :(
but the revo map is quick enough for my daily trip to work.

Well I finally got round to booking the S3 in for Revo. Shall be done next Friday on my day off lol. Should be fun!

Have heard (again possibly a myth) that once the trial is up it doesnt revert back to how it was before, which puts me off a bit.

mate when are u planning on a re map on the s3? as long as its not in the imediate future i may be able to arrange for u to drive mine as your not too far.

mate when are u planning on a re map on the s3? as long as its not in the imediate future i may be able to arrange for u to drive mine as your not too far.

Was going to hold out until payday at least, im no real hurry to get it done as I want to make sure I get the best possible deal. I really appreciate your offer of a ride though mate, even as a passenger I could get a good idea of the feel.

ne prob mate, i would not mind gettin a feel of a standard map as mine had the revo already,but it does feels good, but i was used to the bigger td05 of my impreza which is makin close to 300 bhp not a fair comparison really,but i have grown to love the audi,its def quick but sometimes feels like the little turbo runs out of steam,i think am out doing a bit motocross this weekend,but yeah we will have to sort something out.

Im at home most evenings mate, drop me a pm and well meet up, i think a quick drive in mine will probably make you appeciate yours more!