Which bushes

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
ok, got my car booked in for small oil service in 2 weeks and new battery box!! (finally)

We discussed doing the bushes, the main ones of which i think are the front lower wishbone bushes, and front and rear anti roll bar....now i want to do everything together to save paying for more than one geometry check, although need advice on which ones are likely to be needed on a 91k car

Someone has mentioned that both anti roll bars need replacing as the bushes form part of the whole bar, and the front lower arms need replacing as the bushes also form part of these too, is this correct?

also am i missing anything? i was thinking rear arms which show no obvious play on my last MOT last month

Tim

i too would be interested in this as my front bushes could do with an overhaul

Hi 1Animal1 i dont know the answer to our question but.. i remember u saying u needa a battery cover, if you dont mind me asking where did you source it? if it was from Audi have you the part number? thanks Oski

im afraid i dont have the number mate, priced it at £50 which was £25 for base unit and £25 for lid, although mechanic i used has got them from audi for £30 for both if this helps....

If replacing the front wishbone front bushes I would highly recommend the Defcon kit. They are pricey though.

Remember, don't fit poly to anything that moves in two planes of direction (ie front wishbone rear bush).