Badger5AH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Annoying Battery Drain

Hello,
    hopefully this will sound familiar.

I have an 2001 Audi A3 1.8. with no modifications. The battery has started to go flat.

New battery and everything has been tested, alternator okay, no drains when on or off, with or without alarm on. And the electrician could not find any problem.

It has got the dreaded 4 beeps coming from the boot. Could the siren battery cause a drain on the main battery?

The electrician, is very familiar with Audi, but he didn't make a connection.

Also, one time I remember sitting in the car with everything off and hearing something from the boot, which sounded like the CD changer trying to engage. I didn't make a connection at the time because the car was working fine?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

2. # ADS
    ADS

thats me

Status
    My S3 has just been draining the battery, but this ended up being a duff battery (only just over 12 months old) was ok if I ran the car but often its stood for 2 weeks and then even the indicators wouldn`t light
    red to red black to black blue to bits

Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!

Status
    Check the cigarette lighter! If you have one that is.

It does not need to be pressed in all they way to drain.... just a little, enough to make a small contact..... looks like it is not pressed in but it is.... hey presto, DEAD.

Happened to me.

Maybe thats it?

Car: A3 1.8T QS (ARY)
    Mods: Revo Stage 2, Milltek, K&N, Forge 007p, B8's & Eibach Springs, 312MM OEM Brakes, BBS LM's, Light Pack, Ally TT Pedals, New Audi Gear Knob, Int LED's
    Wish List: ARB's, FMIC, Hose's, Maybe A Clean Engine Bay and Free Petrol