Reaction score
New year, New start, New look.

Before Look

CIMG0330.jpg

CIMG0336.jpg

CIMG0337.jpg

CIMG0338.jpg

CIMG0339.jpg

First steps of the work, the inside has been stripped...

DSC00720.jpg

All the dents have been fixed and all strips have been deleted...

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

Arch work has been started ...

DSC04060.jpg

DSC04061.jpg

DSC04062.jpg

DSC04063-1.jpg

Enjoy, many more mods coming up

All comments welcome.

:blackrs4: A :redrs4: M :yellowrs4: S :blackrs4:

I love these build threads where there are pics and constant updates. I shall be monitoring your progress with the build, looked a clean car before, so looking forward to the finished article when it's done.

Prefer the 'before' pics!!

No seriously, looks very nice! Good to see some different rims being used too. Will look sweet to see it finished with the rolled arches! :o.k:

What other mods you got planned?

p.s Welcome to the forum!

Prefer the 'before' pics!!

No seriously, looks very nice! Good to see some different rims being used too. Will look sweet to see it finished with the rolled arches! :o.k:

What other mods you got planned?

p.s Welcome to the forum!

Cheers Mate,
I love those rims !!! Lot of peps dont but look phat when rolling.

Hope fully the arches come out good they will only be coming out max 1" thou!

I'm doing it abit different Ive got a new 8p font thing going on dont really no how how it will come out it will be like Marmite U love it or hate it
Ams

haha no mate not in the sense bb is watching you. always enjoy watching these threads. best of luck with it bud

Cheers Mate
I'm Looking forward to it tooo, I've been carless for 3 months
ams

Cheers Mate,

I'm doing it abit different Ive got a new 8p font thing going on dont really no how how it will come out it will be like Marmite U love it or hate it
Ams

Its projects like these that give people creative thoughts, and in future other people follow suit!

What you got to remember is that its YOUR CAR!! Some people will just criticize other peoples taste because its against what they like!

But ye.....will be watching!! LoL

Its projects like these that give people creative thoughts, and in future other people follow suit!

What you got to remember is that its YOUR CAR!! Some people will just criticize other peoples taste because its against what they like!

But ye.....will be watching!! LoL

Cheers for that mate...

Guys I will be going to the bodyshop in the morning so will hopefully be

updating you guys 2morrow if anythings has been done.

Ams

what was the front bumper on the car and is it for sale?

so how they building the arches out, are they rolling, cutting & adding, building up thicker etc

Yeah be nice to see what they achieve fella.

Maybe he just wants to do it for himself/fun, not to make money, regardless of value

Woop woop, looking good, please make sure you put plenty of updates up, there will defo be a few of us interested in this build.

Good luck with it by the way :)

what was the front bumper on the car and is it for sale?
It was the standard bumper and sorry im still holding on to it Thanks

so how they building the arches out, are they rolling, cutting & adding, building up thicker etc
Yeah be nice to see what they achieve fella

They are rolling and flairring the arches did want to put S3 arches on but it but didnt think it would look right ???
Thanks alot mate.

wouldn't bother - after all you'll do to it and spend on it, it'll still only be worth 3k
Thanks mate is that what yours is worth??:wtf:

Maybe he just wants to do it for himself/fun, not to make money, regardless of value
Cheers mate well said the nail in the coffin!!!!:superman:

Woop woop, looking good, please make sure you put plenty of updates up, there will defo be a few of us interested in this build.

Good luck with it by the way :)

Thanks or the support mate I will defo be updating hopefully in the naxt few days>.

Hey Guys

Got a little update and a few pics. Been sorting out Rims and few other bits with the car getting hold of parts like a tail gate which was a bargin!!!!!

SNV31275.jpg

This of the rims standard s on the left New 10j on the right.

SNV31276-1.jpg

This is the 10j, car needs to be lowered a bit more and the arch pulled out a bit. tyres need to be changed as they dont look or sit right.

SNV31272.jpg

SNV31273.jpg

This is what is under the door mouldings. the holes will be weldded and mouldings thrown away Lol.

SNV31277.jpg

SNV31279.jpg

Guys your proberly thinking :wtf: But I'm making my number plate surround smaller to 440mm number plates on. So we are going to use
another tailgate to do this instead of making plates to be welded on.

The best thing is that it cost me £8.38 off ebay and went and collected from bout 15 miles from me what a bargin !!!!

Ams

Looks like it's going to be..........intersting! LOL!! Keep up the good work with the pictures mate, I've been a petrol head for over 20 years now and it's things like this (if done correctly) that remind me why I'm into cars.

Oh and by the way........who gives a **** what it's worth at the end, if you're happy with it then that's all that counts!

this is going to be an interesting build good luck dude ;)
cheers mate love the colour of ur baby

looks good
thanks
looking good, keep us posted!
cheers, hope the pics helped with your question

This is going to be proper Euro styleee.... :respekt:
haha We'll have to see at the end

looking good,
cheers
Looks like it's going to be..........intersting! LOL!! Keep up the good work with the pictures mate, I've been a petrol head for over 20 years now and it's things like this (if done correctly) that remind me why I'm into cars.
I hope it is done correctly too tis is my first project by the way. LOL

Oh and by the way........who gives a **** what it's worth at the end, if you're happy with it then that's all that counts!

Well said couldnt agree more :applaus:and with the Damn credit crunch they are worth nuthing but no matter wat They always make all of us smile.:rock:

Ok guys just to bring you up to speed. I went to the bodyshop yesterday and the car is sitting all alone :sob: . But now with every thing is there I have been promised by the stig I should have it back by 7 feb........ lets see what happens. :yum:

Good stuff mate, i was going to go Euro but ive done it already on my BM. I'll just slap some rims on and drop the A3 lol hopefully for UDubs ;)

Good stuff mate, i was going to go Euro but ive done it already on my BM. I'll just slap some rims on and drop the A3 lol hopefully for UDubs ;)

LOl Yeah might just have too do That.

Guys

Been a bit hard to get over to the bodyshop But hopefully be updating this week!!!

BUT

I've have just bought a set of rims :arco: They just came up and i had to have them!!!!! wont tell you guys what they are just yet..:shutup2:....... But will say they are 18x9 on the front and 18x10 on the rears :yahoo:

Will post pic at the end with rims.....!!!!!!!!!

and they are 3 piece

Ams

hey Guys just a quick update car is being prept to be finished Next week ( dont think it wil make it)

Guys what you think of losing side indicators? has this been done before?
DSC00766.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

Yeah deffo lose the side indicators mate, think thats quite a nice touch, looking forward to seeing the finished article, its good to see projects like this and im sure your not doing this to make profit so crack on i say

will it pass mot without side indicators?

what colour you spraying it bro?

will it pass mot without side indicators?

still have indicators on the front so it would pass.

I'm in the 'its your car do it to how you want it' camp

MarkB removed his bumper strips on his S3 and it looked good,interesting to see if the new front will fit.

Good Luck

still have indicators on the front so it would pass.

Wrong, sadly.

All post-1985 cars legally require orange illuminating side repeaters as well as the front indicators.

So long as you have a friendly MOT tester, it should be fine.

I've also known people keep the looms just wrapped up in the inner arch, and to tape them to the wing for the MOT!

Wrong, sadly.

All post-1985 cars legally require orange illuminating side repeaters as well as the front indicators.

So long as you have a friendly MOT tester, it should be fine.

I've also known people keep the looms just wrapped up in the inner arch, and to tape them to the wing for the MOT!

Ooops! yes your right as it became a european requirement for cars so my local stealers confirmed.whats next eh...they'll be testing the exhaust fumes..:whistle2:

You could still delete the side repeaters, you'll just need to have the repeaters fitted in the wing mirrors, like they have on mercedes.

This may look tacky but a body shop should be able to rectify that...But what if you get some orange LED strips to mould into your wing mirrors as repeaters?...