brakes from tt250?

ELIASGK74

Reaction score
can anyone tell me infos about brakes of the new model TT250HP?front and near.
i think are bigger than ours and they need a 18'wheel

if you mean the V6 TT then yes the brakes are bigger, 332mm discs, im pretty sure they are the same as used on the R32.

Mark

are they better than brembo turismo kit?
what do you think?
what about rear ones?

[ QUOTE ]
ELIAS S3 said:
are they better than brembo turismo kit?
what do you think?
what about rear ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

Elias, where are you based? Also, whats your budget? We do some excellent brake kits from ECS Tuning..

Rich

Rich,

I checked out the JBRPerformance website, couldn't find any ECS ones. I'm after some brembo's on the site it said £750, is that including VAT?
I'm sure there are lots of people here after brembo's could you possible arrange a discount if we do a groupbuy. like 5 people.? what do you think

i can find brembo gran turismo 323x28 4pistons in about 1200E.
i am also interested in TT250HP 332front and rear brakes if they are good.
but i am in for groupbuy better ones

No, thats about right. But be careful what you calling the GT kit. The Brembos that AmD sell are NOT actually the GT kit. The GT's come with separate bell and rotor .etc and bigger discs(i think).
gran_turismo_black.jpg

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
NWMark said:
if you mean the V6 TT then yes the brakes are bigger, 332mm discs, im pretty sure they are the same as used on the R32.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed they are..
But they are still heavy as hell cast callipers, twin piston, sliding calliper type...so they'll still stick and cause unequal wear.
I priced them up as an upgrade...the discs are EXPENSIVE!!
Not worth the money in my opinion...much better off with the budget Brembo upgrade.

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
No, thats about right. But be careful what you calling the GT kit. The Brembos that AmD sell are NOT actually the GT kit. The GT's come with separate bell and rotor .etc and bigger discs(i think).
gran_turismo_black.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...overkill?
Are 2pc rotors required on a road car?

I don't believe so...as long as you use your brakes correctly and have your wheel bolts torqued down correctly, I can't see the need, personally.

Allow me to offer food for thought:
Everyone holds Porsche up as the main force in braking...everyone desires a Porsche derived kit...
A 2004 Carrera 4S has the 'Big Red' type callipers (Actually 996 TT) and single piece rotors...so if Porsche are equipping their road cars with single piece rotors to stop a car that weigher 50Kgs more than an S3 and will top 175 MPH, why do we assume we need 2pc rotors?

Ahh..maybe it's for track days...must be better huh?
Well Porsche will warranty their cars for track day use...brakes included.

Makes you think doesn't it?

Fashion or function?
That's the question that needs to be asked & answered.

Brakes are consumable on modern heavy cars...single piece cast rotors are fine...use them up...throw them away, fit new ones. No sweat.

I certainly don't feel the need to have 2pc rotors...and to that end, I'd recommend the single piece Brambo kit as sold by AmD / Star Performance amongst others...damn good value.

******... Didnt know that, as I bought my Brembo GT Kit from AmD in the group buy on this forum. Will the disks with the floating bell and rotor fit my car at a later date?

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:Hmm...overkill?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately not, mate. Any reduction in unsprung weight is a godsend. Audi are just starting to realise this too, with the introduction of alloy brake calipers and alloy hubs. It all adds up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:

Definately not, mate. Any reduction in unsprung weight is a godsend. Audi are just starting to realise this too, with the introduction of alloy brake calipers and alloy hubs. It all adds up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree fully...
But the perceived benefits associated with 2pc rotors and better braking are much of a myth...the principle is sound, but on road cars, the benefit in terms of braking is next to none...if not none.

With regard to unsprung weight:
Unsprung weight is the enemy of great handling...so whilst some of us understand the principle and endevour to reduce this by the fitting of lighter brake components....why is it that so many people go and fit heavy assed cheap crap wheels?
Cheap wheels are made of inferior aluminium alloys and therefore need more of this alloy to give any form of strength...and even then, they still bend easily!

This is something I just can't understand...cheap heavy wheels and cheap heavy tyres = worse handling.

Strange huh? as often these are the same people who hide fancy 4 pot brakes and 2pc rotors behind their wheels!

Glen,

Was just stating that the AmD kit WASNT actually the GT kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
Unsprung weight is the enemy of great handling...so whilst some of us understand the principle and endevour to reduce this by the fitting of lighter brake components....why is it that so many people go and fit heavy assed cheap crap wheels?
Cheap wheels are made of inferior aluminium alloys and therefore need more of this alloy to give any form of strength...and even then, they still bend easily!

[/ QUOTE ]

If only forged wheels didn't cost so much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif