Unfortunately selling my S3

Shame mate that you have to sell looks tidy but might be a tad high on the price but you might get lucky.

An ideas what you might replace it with or is the moving house mean no car anymore??

Lovely car mate, and it's highly specced too, but I'm afraid the price is fairly high for a pre facelift, even with the high spec and low mileage

Shame mate that you have to sell looks tidy but might be a tad high on the price but you might get lucky.

An ideas what you might replace it with or is the moving house mean no car anymore??

Hi Bob, yes its a real shame and i'm absolutely gutted!:sob:

The S3 was always a toy for me as i have other cars i can use, so maybe one day i might be able to buy another...

I thought i'd test the water with the price as its got a very good spec plus i'm leaving the aftermarket bits like wheels and headunit which are worth nearly £2000 on there own.

I'm open to offers anyway

Lovely car mate, and it's highly specced too, but I'm afraid the price is fairly high for a pre facelift, even with the high spec and low mileage

Thanks Prawn i really appreciate your comments. What price do you think i should put it up for?

I've no idea what to put it up for really mate.....

sadly it's a buyers market out there at the moment, and once prices have started to drop, they will never rise again. it's a market where you can pick up a decent facelift for under £6500 now, with many pre facelifts under 100k for less than £5k. SiTrials pre facelift S3 recently sold for £4800, with a superchips map, milltek cat back, H&R springs, Forge DV, and a performance haldex controller....

I'd hate to say what you could get for it, but check out pistonheads and there are some frighteningly cheap cars about....

I ended up selling my E36 M3 for just £3600 a few months back, when 6 months ago it was worth £5k anyday!

Hey Yaz, sorry to see the car go, looks mint (especially with those wheels).

As already mentioned, the price is slightly high, but as you said you got to give it a go...

"you dont chance......you dont dance!!!"

Good luck :)

woah another members selling!!! nooooooooooo

lovely car Yaz.... price is wey out though, your testing the water but i wouldnt even entertain ringing you as i would want to drop you more than 20% of the price... in a buyers eyes your unrealistic.... sorry mate but good luck with selling

Thanks again for your comments guys, i'll give it a week or so and see what happens.

I've only put it up for sale today and already someone has contacted me to see it this weekend. So we'll see...:drag:

Looks like a nice car, good luck with the sale :)

To echo some other comments though, price seems on the high side !

Well i'll happily knock a grand off the price and put the original wheels and headunit back in...?

Best of luck with the sale mate, and if you dont try, you dont get right? Let us know how much you get for it!

Id put the std stuff back on it and drop the price pro rata, may still be a littl ehigh as Ive seen a few 2002 ones go for between 7 and 8 k recently

29 mpg on average....yeah right

good luck with the sale

Id put the std stuff back on it and drop the price pro rata, may still be a littl ehigh as Ive seen a few 2002 ones go for between 7 and 8 k recently

Yeah true, but i'm geussing that some peeps might not want to buy a '51' reg or newer due to the road tax being higher than my model?? and to be honest this is one of the reasons why i bought a 2000 model S3. I had plans for remap. suspension and brake upgrades etc which would prob make it the same if not better than a newer S3.

Well thats what i thought anyway...

29 mpg on average....yeah right

good luck with the sale

Well, i haven't actually worked it out but that's what my computer says on the dash... besides why couldn't an S3 do in excess of 30mpg? Suppose it depends how you drive it?

...and i'm NOT boring, i've just got 11 points on my license:racer:

Through a lot of blood sweat and tears i've so far managed 32mpg on the dis half way through a tank, I have driven like a complete fairy changing before 3000rpm which is hard work so i would agree its possible, but how some people get 400 miles week in week out is beyond me, i've never been so bored in my life....normal driving i get approx 27mpg.

Anyway goodluck with the sale, i'd put the car back to standard to !!

Yeah true, but i'm geussing that some peeps might not want to buy a '51' reg or newer due to the road tax being higher than my model??

It's not yet a certainty that those brainless tax changes will come in. They have been 'postponed', and hopefully Brown and his muppets will be evicted from Downing Street next year before they are put into motion...

Cheers,

It's not yet a certainty that those brainless tax changes will come in. They have been 'postponed', and hopefully Brown and his muppets will be evicted from Downing Street next year before they are put into motion...

Cheers,

Yeah i hope so too!

aaah, do any of these S3s that people pop up on here ever sell?
I too would like to know what happens to them.

I would have thought you wouldn't get over 6k for it.

Prefacelift is a bit of a stumbling block. And re the tax issue, mine is a 51reg and still AMK. So there's quite a bit of room in the facelift bracket for cheaper tax. If people are even that bothered about it.

aaah, do any of these S3s that people pop up on here ever sell?
I too would like to know what happens to them.

I would have thought you wouldn't get over 6k for it.

Prefacelift is a bit of a stumbling block. And re the tax issue, mine is a 51reg and still AMK. So there's quite a bit of room in the facelift bracket for cheaper tax. If people are even that bothered about it.

Perhaps its a precautionary issue, if the new tax hike does come in and you still own the car and decide to sell it after the implementation, then you might find it harder to sell as everyone might consider the tax bracket before buying a new car.
I know the guys on the TT Forum are having this problem. The difference in one year for a 225bhp TT is either £190 or £430 for 1 year road tax! Fortunately my TT is a 2000 model 225 and wont suffer the proposed taxes...that said, if it happens.

This reminds me how much i like my Rocco :rock:

the tax hike doesnt make that much difference to the average consumer..... honestly, your only really aware because your on this forum...your average joe bloggs wouldnt know, and i know i wouldnt care for paying an extra £200 a year for a facelift car (even though i dint agree with it)... just my 2pence

£240 isn't that much more for a whole year, in my opinion. Not to change what car to get anyway. £240 can be gained and lost at any point in the year on general maintenance. Maybe I'm no longer talking sense.

I take interest in these selling threads as I may sell mine over the next couple of months.
To get what, I don't know yet. Answers on a postcard -

A3 2.0T
Golf GTI
BMW 330 convertible
Alfa Brera

Ok, so in light of peoples comments i have decided to reduce my S3 to £6495 and the wheels and headunit are negotiable.

Thanks