Volks AutosBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2001 Denim Blue S3 Rep

Status

Karcher foam lance

Iv just bought a foam lance for my karcher pressure washer, and what a peice of kit! makes washin the car easy! and comes up mint! i got it off ebay for 55 with 2 x 5L bottles of snow foam and free postage.

Foamed!

After

pics dont do much justice it really does sparkle!

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Looks nice mate, which Karcher do you have? Ive been looking at getting one of these for months but really dont know how much money I have to spend to get a decent one!

2001 Denim Blue S3 Rep

Status
    just a cheap 1 from argos. i didnt want to get a powerfull 1 incase it took the paint off my car lol, but its a very good washer! i dont think you can go wrong if you buy a karcher.

1st Gear

Status
    have you a ebay link?

cheers

2001 Denim Blue S3 Rep

Status
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Karcher-Heavy-...1%7C240%3A1318

delivery is very fast! i think they got there own driver and come next day for me.

3rd Gear

Status
    Looks good fella..thanks for the link. We've just got a new Karcher pressure washer so may be tempted to invest in one of these. Did you have any physical contact with the car while washing it or was that all done with the pressure washer?
    2001 S3 AMK in black - Ambient lighting kit and Aero wipers.
    Is it wrong to love your car more than your girlfriend? - When you no longer have a girlfriend it's fine!

6th Gear

Status
    I toy with the idea of getting a snow foam gun every now and then... they look good !
    Are they MTM wheels or copys??
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

4th Gear

Status
    while we are on the subject of these

what kinda wattage pressure washer is safe to use?

bin looking at the karcher 2.1 i think it is 1400 watts would this be safe to use?

anybody with any experience of them?are they good?
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I have the low pressure bottle thingy with my Karcher, you reckon that would work with snow foam? Guess it wouldn't be as good as a proper one but might do until I save some pennies for a pucker one

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    that's a worthy buy. esp if the car is well waxed, just foam spray, leave for 10min, jet wash

no need to dry, just go for a quick drive...lol
    ^^ In my opinion

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I like the look of that bad boy !! 55 and 10l of detergent included. How much deterget do you use per was? Ie how many washers per 5L of foam

4th Gear

Status
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KARCHER-PRESSU...1%7C240%3A1318

Is this pressure washer any good lads?
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I ordered one of these:

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.204-3216.aspx

With the adjustments for VAT it worked out at 40 and I can pick it up on the way from work at our local Tesco so no postage to pay... marvellous

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    I like the look of that bad boy !! 55 and 10l of detergent included. How much deterget do you use per was? Ie how many washers per 5L of foam
    i use about an inch of foam and dilute it.

I have this one:

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/elite-...nd-free-1l.php

does a perfect job
    ^^ In my opinion

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FazS3 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KARCHER-PRESSU...1%7C240%3A1318

Is this pressure washer any good lads?
    should be ok I guess. Also, check the tesco deal above
    Last edited by abdus; 12th January 2009 at 08:24.
    ^^ In my opinion

6th Gear

Status
    what product did you use for the foam?

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Rav View Post
    what product did you use for the foam?
    http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/elite-...am-5-litre.php

you get a 1l free when bought with the foam lance
    ^^ In my opinion

4th Gear

Status
    with the tesco deal, can you pick it up in store or do you have to order online first?seems like a good deal.
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    with the tesco deal, can you pick it up in store or do you have to order online first?seems like a good deal.
    yes you can...you buy online nd select 'collect in store'
    ^^ In my opinion

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Tesco deal looks good might get one too
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

4th Gear

Status
    just ordered mine will be collecting on wednesday!
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Status
    yeah whay is it only available Weds?? i wanna get it on my way home today (late xmas gift for Dad).

Will stop in and see if i can find it if not order it tonight and get on weds.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    yeah whay is it only available Weds?? i wanna get it on my way home today (late xmas gift for Dad).

Well it was first sayin tue but ordered it now and it wed, but only some stores are available to collect from,seems like a good piece of equipment.
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

3rd Gear

Status

They don't hold stock in the store so takes them at least a day to get the item shipped out from the warehouse.
    2001 S3 AMK in black - Ambient lighting kit and Aero wipers.
    Is it wrong to love your car more than your girlfriend? - When you no longer have a girlfriend it's fine!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by themanthatcan View Post
    They don't hold stock in the store so takes them at least a day to get the item shipped out from the warehouse.
    Cheers Andy

Ahh i see well best order one online then although will still stop in on my way home on the off chance as its the massive tesco by bursledon roundabout.

Status
    Popped in tesco on my way home and yes it is an order online only type product. It has also been discontinued so won't be many left now. I get mine Wednesday like FazS3 so Dad should be happy.

Whats the most eefective way of using these washer to clean the car?? is there any specific product eg foamy stuff to get??

6th Gear

Status
    i go by what polished bliss say. they usually recomend megs hyperwash, thats what i use, good as doesn't strip wax or sealant. go onto www.polishedbliss.co.uk

Status
    Cool, So for best results i need Foamy snow foam type liquid and a foam lance then i won't need to wash the car with a sponge/mitt anymore

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Can any-one confirm something quick for me?

I have a Karcher Jet-wash and on the side of it, it has a pipe hanging off it? Is this for the foam lance bottle? Or do i need to purchase the foam lance too?

Thanks
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

thats me

Status
    think thats just for adding soap to the lance not a foam lance
    red to red black to black blue to bits

6th Gear

Status
    i thinkthats used to clean the inside of the pressure washer.

bob, the point of the foam is to get rid of the majority of dirt and stones etc so when you wash the car theres less chance of you swirling dirt all over the bodywork

Status
    Here is the Linky to the Karcher info on the Tesco washer Faz n i just ordered :

http://www.karcher.co.uk/product.php?pr=361

Form what i read it can apply soap but i don't think it makes foam as such. For the full Foam action eg so you can cover the car leave it on for 5-10mins and then come back and wash it off without touching the car you need an actual Foam lance as is described at the start of thisthread.

Status
    Got my Karcher form Tesco yesterday and for 40 its pretty good n my dad was quite happy with his late Xmas gift.

Gonna look into getting a foam lance later on this month after pay day so whats the best place to get a lance is it Ebay or Elite Car Care?? also on Elite they do 2 different versions standard and heavy duty so which would i need as there is only 4.50 difference in price. You also get the free 1lt of snow foam with either lance

4th Gear

Status
    Got my Karcher form Tesco yesterday and for 40 its pretty good n my dad was quite happy with his late Xmas gift.

Gonna look into getting a foam lance later on this month after pay day so whats the best place to get a lance is it Ebay or Elite Car Care?? also on Elite they do 2 different versions standard and heavy duty so which would i need as there is only 4.50 difference in price. You also get the free 1lt of snow foam with either lance
    you alright fella, i have ordered my lance and snow foam from clean your car. Very good service speak to Tim think they have them back in stock atm!!Mine should be here tomorrow
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Status
    you alright fella, i have ordered my lance and snow foam from clean your car. Very good service speak to Tim think they have them back in stock atm!!Mine should be here tomorrow
    Hey Faz,

You got any contact details for them eg website?? plus how much did the lance / Snowfoam cost you if you don't mind me asking.

cheers

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    ooooooooooooooooooo group buy

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_371.html

15% for 6-11 of um

<tuffty/>

4th Gear

Status
    Hey Faz,

You got any contact details for them eg website?? plus how much did the lance / Snowfoam cost you if you don't mind me asking.

cheers
    I think around the 60 mark cant remember 100% though that was for both!bought quite a few things from there!!highly recommended
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    ooooooooooooooooooo group buy

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_371.html

15% for 6-11 of um

<tuffty/>
    Could well be up for a GB if we can get 6 people in on the deal. Plus maybe we can get it on som Snow Foam too as of course will be needing that too!!

Anyone else interested??

Status
    I think around the 60 mark cant remember 100% though that was for both!bought quite a few things from there!!highly recommended
    Thanks for the info mate

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Could well be up for a GB if we can get 6 people in on the deal. Plus maybe we can get it on som Snow Foam too as of course will be needing that too!!

Anyone else interested??
    I am in...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast