I'm well and truly confused!

S90GAV

Reaction score
Woke up this morning got out to the car to find both windows open! Not just a little bit but right down. Only thing I can think of is I've sat on the fob and they opened and with me not been outside to open a door the alarm as activated it's self. But I wouldn't have thought the range would have worked from where I was sitting. The other thing is my alarm should have gone off as it was a little windy! Atleast everything was still in the car and it didn't rain!

Any ideas?

That would be your best bet. As if the car is unlocked and it doesnt sense a door open then it locks automatically again after about a minute or so....

I'll put vag com on when I get home, what I did notice this morning which I've just remembered is when I started the car there was a beeping noise fro
the rear of the car, from what I can remember I think it's for the siren saying the battery is low, if that's the case I'll be taking a trip to maplins. Plus this would explain why the alarm didn't go off.

Hope this all makes sense as I'm on my phone

Trust me that maplins battery is noy easy i ended up getting a new siren from audi

Oh right, I'll give it a go and if it does my head in I'll goto my local stealer. How much was the siren?

Woke up this morning got out to the car to find both windows open! Not just a little bit but right down. Only thing I can think of is I've sat on the fob and they opened and with me not been outside to open a door the alarm as activated it's self. But I wouldn't have thought the range would have worked from where I was sitting. The other thing is my alarm should have gone off as it was a little windy! Atleast everything was still in the car and it didn't rain!

Any ideas?

This happened to me about 2 years ago. I was at work and my mate come in from his dinner break and said both my windows were open. It never did it again but it worried me for a while.

I did a bit of experimenting though and I think it happens if you press the alarm button on the fob for too long.

If you have your windows wound down and you walk away and lock the car you can raise the windows up by holding the alarm button on the fob. I think that if the windows are up already and you do this it might cause them to wind down.

OK guys, just to clarify that you can open both electric windows on S3's by holding the open button on your keyfob or you can stick your carkey into the the door and hold it in the open door position and it will do the same. Do the reverse for closing them also.

jojoOK guys, just to clarify that you can open both electric windows on S3's by holding the open button on your keyfob or you can stick your carkey into the the door and hold it in the open door position and it will do the same. Do the reverse for closing them also.
WOW

I did not know this till now i just tried it and am amazed! Im easily amused! Just brilliant! :hubbahubba:

lol, although you will find that you will press the button harder to make them go faster as you wait for what seems like - FOREVER

Yeah, it does seem like forever, but I think it is possible to reset the options, using VAG-COM so that when you alarm the car, the windows close automatically. It should be possible in theory, but have not looked in to it properly.

As the remote can be quite old, the buttons can get pressed while in your pocket, this happened to me when I was bending down to look at my rims [they were being refurbed], and when I got back up, the window was open - happened twice :notme:

using VAG-COM so that when you alarm the car, the windows close automatically. It should be possible in theory, but have not looked in to it properly.

This is not possible without an additional module on our 8L S3's, I've looked into it in the past, forgot the name of the module you need to purchase, but it's only available accross the pond from the U.S.

Lol did none of you know that, about the key fob.
Well i never knew till a month after having my car and my cousin done it to his a3 and i asked him. Irs probably in the manual but i doubt every one reads EVERY THING in the manual.

Ashley

Might aswell know about the central sun visor which flips down in front of the rear view mirror aswell, and that the aircon won't work when the outside temp is below 5DegreesC, so the 'Ice' symbol keeps flicking off no matter how many times you press 'Auto' on the CC and finally, the clever bods at Audi makes the car switch the compressor off when you are at full throttle, so it gives you maximum power when booting it! :)

Yer I knew bought the fob opening windows, which is the only reason how I can think they have opened.

Jojo - £80, isn't as much as I thought. Still
More than I'd like to pay.

I've just opened my windows and locked the car and waited a few min then dived through the window and the alarm did go off. So i guess the beeping is jusy to warn me the siren battery must be gettin low, also when the battey is low does this cause the LEDs next to the door pins to flash when driving along? As this has been happening for a few weeks.

OK guys, just to clarify that you can open both electric windows on S3's by holding the open button on your keyfob or you can stick your carkey into the the door and hold it in the open door position and it will do the same. Do the reverse for closing them also.

will also close your sunroof for you as well!