THS quickshift

S3BLX

Reaction score
Anyone got/had/heard anythinh bout these??? just wondering whether to get one. looks same as forge.

Not heard of this one fella.

I have the diesel geek fitted and absolutely love it!

I have the JBS stage 1 and 2 kit fitted. I think very much like the Forge jobbie ( but released before) And it makes for much easier shifting if trying to get a move on .
The only problem i ( well not me the mrs ) had was reverse is closer so feels a bit funny the first time you use it.
Other than that a much sportier feel with no real diffrence in the effort needed.

erm... i cant remember to be honest sir.
I will look out the bill in the morning

Hello!

Well at the moment we have actually stopped making them, this was down to Forge making their adjustable ones. Same price and saved 30-45min of one of my guys time!

So in short we can offer the Forge short shifters :)

Forge short shifter for the throw adjustment (up and down) costs £74.64
Forge short shifter for the gate adjustmane (side to side) costs £59.41

We offer fitting it would be £57.50 per item but if you have both fitted at the same time it will be £57.50 for labour.

Regards
Mike

mike, could this help stop the 1st--->2nd gear crunch i get? its a a3 1.8t quattro, speed

whats the difference between up and down and side to side ones?

ooh i get you now. so its worth buying both items then really isnt it?

Mat20VT and S3BLX

If both of your cars have the gear linkage set up incorrect then when fitting these parts and linkage is set correctly then it could fix the problem. But you could have a problem with the syncro. Without really seeing the car it is difficult to say.

Dani B19

Most people actually find that the side to side movement is fairly close and they only shorten the up and down movement.

Personally, I have driven cars with both items fitted and the one fitted and I prefer to leave the gate as it is and just shorten the throw. But this is all down to personal preference.

Mike

I bit the bullet and bought the THS quick shift! Fitted it and it is great really shortens the throw! My gear crunch seems alot better now to! I recommend getting one, it was £56 delivered and it looks identical to the forge one. very pleased!!!

Indeed, can't see it helping a weak syncro. Shorter throw increases the mechanical effort at the gearbox for the same amount of effort at the stick.

If anything, the crunch should get worse.