Pics of BT engines!

keem

Reaction score
We could use this thread to post pics of big turbo 1.8t's!
First request; fully fitted backdraft kit :sign_pics:

I have got some pictures at home and will post later , both backdraft ( now removed) and now my awesome Jabba Owens setup
Btw aka the :hubbahubba:Backdraft staker

Had two backdraft kits, threats of legal action ! For telling people of my problems .
Now removed! Finally happy

Your problems with your own fitted backdraft kit is NOT interesting in this thread, so if you dont have anything ON-topic to post here, leave it.

think the guy was saying its now sorted and he'll post when he gets chance.....

Ok , will post some nice pictures
Polished bits and all

Your problems with your own fitted backdraft kit is NOT interesting in this thread, so if you dont have anything ON-topic to post here, leave it.
I have spent over 14k on my car , I don't want anyone to throw money away.
Been there and I would hate for you or anybody else to go through what I have , my problems have been very stresful !

Do you have any pics of the backdraft kit fitted?

easy fella calm down a lil!

im quite interested in this....has anyone had a backdraft kit that didnt have a multitude of problems associated with it?

Is the problems some people are having with the backdraft kit related to the software?

TT forum has more members with BD kits. I am sure they will have photos available and more info if you look

are you backdrafted HTC? Post pics asap ppl :)

This is was my backdraft kit before it was removed
web.jpg

Just going to take some new pictures of my Jabba Owens kit with pro alloy cooler!
proalloy1.jpg

The backdraft kit looks good imo. And its a big bonus that you can use the original filter box, to save the maf :)

The backdraft kit looks good imo. And its a big bonus that you can use the original filter box, to save the maf :)
Yep I have reverted to standard air box now, The Jabba kit looks better (will post pictures tomorrow) due to more stelthy look, you can fit standard engine cover etc if you want.
BTW the great LOOKING fitment was by VagTech in Milton keynes :arco:

G12MO X.....the stats on your car are well impressive, 400+bhp and torque....that thing must fly:superman:

Jabbasport gets a big:thumbsup:

think the bd kit looks really good but doesnt mean its better as you obviously think not lol

G12MO X.....the stats on your car are well impressive, 400+bhp and torque....that thing must fly:superman:

Jabbasport gets a big:thumbsup:
Cheers:arco:But just wait next is bore and stroked to 2l , eurospec crank and Jabba spec cams , then it will be bonkers :hubbahubba:

Is the problems some people are having with the backdraft kit related to the software?
this is an interesting question as if its mainly due to the software then you could simply buy the kit from bd as it is a resonable price then have it custom mapped else such as custom code as im sure they would make a good job of it

this is an interesting question as if its mainly due to the software then you could simply buy the kit from bd as it is a resonable price then have it custom mapped else such as custom code as im sure they would make a good job of it

Mrc maped first and third time , revo in the middle but development ( toke forever) so back to Mrc ! ,Mrc was custom and great !but I:hubbahubba: wanted more power than backdraft offer so had to go down a different route .

Backdraft have three kits and try not to deveate from what works for them , I don't like out of the box , fair play .

Mrc maped first and third time , revo in the middle but development ( toke forever) so back to Mrc ! ,Mrc was custom and great !but I:hubbahubba: wanted more power than backdraft offer so had to go down a different route .
intersting to find out so the kit itself isnt to bad then???? however i dont think ill go down the bd kit route anyway as its not what im after

I have just ordered the gt28rs-kit, and with the 550cc injectors. I'm gonna get it mapped at a lokal tuner, with alot of experience with the 1.8t and 2.2t. So the backdraft kit itself is just a standard garrett turbo with oil and water lines, the exhaust, gaskets and pipes. So the problems HAS to be related to the ecu

you will have to do a build thread to keep us all informed then hopefully will be a good setup you have be good to no the bhp and torque you achive with this kit with diferent software

Yes i will start a new thread as soon as the kit arrive :) The tuner also ha a rolling road to map the car on, so power figures will be posted :D what do you think i can expect to see on the wheels with the gt28rs? 250-260?

iv been looking at the gt28rs route myself and many have acheived 330 Bhp ish from this turbo. i think it flows 350 bhp? but the people who put this kit on hav had to hold the boost back to save pistons and rods?

poor pics, but my ihi setup from mk4 golf. Was 100% problem free for the 18months it was on car. wish i had some better quality pics of the setup.
was supplied and fitted by badger5, who is also doing my A3s big turbo
will post pics up of my 2871 setup on the A3 in a month or two

MVC-100S.jpg

MVC-098S.jpg