Aero wipers

SDO

Reaction score
Hi all

Firstly what are they,
i need some new wipers front and rear so thought i'd get some as most people recommend them. where can i get them from and does anyone have any pics of them fitted to there car

cheers

id personally go to the dealers, some have bought elsewhere though and had mixed results

ooooh and your better off buying a Polo rear wiper arm and Touran blade...looks loads better than an aero blade on standard arm

Fronts
wipers.jpg

ooooh and your better off buying a Polo rear wiper arm and Touran blade...looks loads better than an aero blade on standard arm

130-3090_IMG.jpg

avoid the cheap ebay stuff, i tried a set for £15 looked ok but were absolutely useless when it rained, i was back with my bosch set within a week

I like the rear arm jojo, very smart.

I brought some Bosch front Aero wipers for £21 (£25 delivered) from wiperblades.co.uk

This was 3 or 4 months ago and they're still performing as they should.

I like the rear arm jojo, very smart.

I brought some Bosch front Aero wipers for £21 (£25 delivered) from wiperblades.co.uk

This was 3 or 4 months ago and they're still performing as they should.
cheers for the link good prices those,

Anyone else have the problem with there wipers that it never fully clears the screen, like atrail of water falls of the blade as it returns to its home position and you have to wipe again, and sometimes again and again to clear it :S
Normally happens to me at speed but the dirtier my wipers get the more it happens.
It happened with standard wipers and Aeros for me btw.

I got mine from aceparts (google them), no arms, just blades, got all 3 for just over a tenner!!!

Bargain, really good service and most importantly they are actually quite good.

If I want to order the proper Aero wiper arms (for the front) from the dealer what do I ask for? Which car are they off of the S3 8P?
if you want the proper 'aero' wiper arms like in the pic above, i think they are from a mk5 golf and cost about £70 with the blades.

I got my fronts from VAGparts who are no longer trading, paid something in the region of £50 posted, and got both the arms and the blades, and yes, they are late Golf Mk4 items. The rear is a Polo rear arm and VW Touran rear blade, as it needs to be shorter to clear the roof spoiler on an S3, I paid £5 for it off MarkB, when he de-wipered his rear end. :)

Anyone else have the problem with there wipers that it never fully clears the screen, like atrail of water falls of the blade as it returns to its home position and you have to wipe again, and sometimes again and again to clear it :S
Normally happens to me at speed but the dirtier my wipers get the more it happens.
It happened with standard wipers and Aeros for me btw.

May be unrelated but i had some cheap aero blades on my polo and i used to get a similar problem.

Turned out to be the arm was not tightened up properly to the car meaning it didnt get the correct contact force.

liking the polo combo is that 02 onwards or 00 - 02

£70 with blades isn't bad.

What??!!!!! Are you MINTED or maybe need some fresh ideas on fun things to blow your hard earned cash on??! They are wiper blades!!!!! 3 quid each from the boot sale...

haha, ye i got mine from the pound shop before!! fair enough they wernt aero and they disintegrated in the rain/sun/snow/fog/overcast weather, but apart from that, bargain!!

What??!!!!! Are you MINTED or maybe need some fresh ideas on fun things to blow your hard earned cash on??! They are wiper blades!!!!! 3 quid each from the boot sale...

dont be a donut! £70 was for the 2 front arms and wipers and the rear arm and wiper plus the caps that fit over the bolts that bolt the arms down.

I'd rather have the proper aero arms then get retro fit blades to fit the standard arms.

sorry to bring this up again. what if i kept the standard arms and bought aero blades what blades would i be getting?

You'll be getting the aero blades but they clip into the standar arms. Halfords do them. Personally I think they look better with the proper wiper arms but not everyone will want to spend £70-£80 to upgrade.

Welcome to Audi

i have a genuine set still in the packaging, £50 if your interested posted, bought them for my s3 but am now selling it

Rav, they look ok, if you want the full proper look, you will have to get the arms and blades, but that can be quite pricey.

I got mine from aceparts, and to be honest they wree cheap, but they look ok and defo do the job.

Have a look on their site, i got all 3 for just over a tenner i think it was!!

Personally I'd spend the extra and the get the arms to, i bought them for my Mk 3 golf and they looked the mutts nuts, but on my S3 just bought the blades and they dont do them justice mate. :blackrs4:

I managed to get a set of Bosch aerotwins for £20 from Halfords. Found them on the floor, under all the regular Bosch sets, really lucky find and the were cheaper than Halfords own flat blades which look really cheap and thin. Really pleased with them, screen is spotless after every wipe, quiet and work well at speed.

Out of interest what size rear wiper is everyone using. The conversion was done before I got the car and it's got a 13" on now, but the Touran one people mention seems to be 16". Will this clear the spoiler on an S3?

I know mk4 golf ones are recommended but can anyone tell me if mk5 ones will fit too?
I ask as i have been offered some off a mk5
Thanks

what mk is the polo rear arm peeps? and are the front arms from a mk4 golf?

Just go to the stealers with these part numbers, sorted:

U1J2 955 410 D (ARMS)
U1J2 955 409 D

U1J2 955 425 B (BLADES)
U1J2 955 426 B

U1J0 955 205 A9 B9 (END CAP x2)

Polo 9N Rear Areo too if your interested?

U6Q6 955 707 C (ARM)

U6Q6 955 435 B (BLADE)

U7E0 955 425 (END CAP)

Here's what i think.....

I bought some aero wipers from Ebay. They are called Clear Vu. Bought the entire set as mine were a little worn and started to annoy me.

Paid i think around £15 for all three delivered. Now for 3 wipers that isn't bad at all. They are up to the job and do work very well. However, at speed of around 65 Mph they do lift slightly off the screen the offside is worse than the nearside. Maybe it's because the arm is still in it's normal position and not laying flat across the screen, wind +speed + elevated position = not to good with wiping lol.

Also the nearside wiper is slightly (few mm) too long and as a result the end of the blade sits off the screen.

I'll be getting the OE Audi items next as i feel that while £15 is well spent on blades which are "just" about up to the job a further £40 odd will get me low profile, slick, new wipers, with the arms and end caps. Hopefully they will work at speeds above 65 Mph.

G

I know mk4 golf ones are recommended but can anyone tell me if mk5 ones will fit too?
I ask as i have been offered some off a mk5
Thanks

any one know?

Westle - cheers for the p/n's but id rather get them from a breaking car then be raped by a 'stealer'

sorry to bring up an old thread but do you get these from a VW or an audi dealership? or does it not matter?

Sorry I'm an idiot. time to sleep and think about what ive done!

Last edited:
You should be able to go Audi, VW, Seat, or Skoda dealers and they should be able to get you any VAG parts, especially as you're doing the hard work for them and supplying the part numbers.

went and bought all the bits today! got everything for the rear wipers but waiting on the front wiper arms,

Quick question, How the hell do you get the rear wiper cover off?? the only way i can see of doing it is snapping it, is there a less destructive way?

(managed to get them to knock £30 off the price for having the part numbers so cheers Westle)