Coilpack warranty

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
My coilpacks went the other day, so i replaced them, but when i was looking through the old reciepts, i found that they were replaced a couple of years ago, would I have been able to replace them (they were from Audi main dealer) under warranty??

How long is the warranty, i was under the impression it was 5 years....

Any help much appreciated as always....

Thanks
Nilz

i would of thought it would be a year at the most if they had any warrenty. i know i got my MAF replaced when it packed up within 10 months

out of curiosity nilz which coilpack died and how much did they cost to replace

id have thought 1 year too....most parts are

i paid about £25 each at dealer around April time, seat, skoda and VW all same price and there was a newer release at end of 2007 early 2008....so make sure you buy original or you might end up regretting it

1 of my new ones only lasted less than month!!!
can complain i got the for free with the car,it had a re-map and the previous owner said he bought them just in case as he said they are prone to go after a re-map?
the first time i replaced all four just to be safe,the second time i just replace the faulty one,if i recall correctly it was number 2 that failed.

I did get genuine Audi ones (the R variety) as they are the latest i believe.

It was Cylinder 1 and 3 that went, but had them both replaced and seems to be running ok now.....phew!!!

ooops and cost £30 inc