A3 Starting / Coolant problem

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi all,

I have not started the car for the past 5 days. Going out this evening it would not fire over. I had internal power (stereo / lights etc – though the wipers were slow). Figuring this must have been the battery, I have just had a jump start. I left the battery a few mins before trying and first click she fired up – great.

Then the Coolant temperature / coolant level icon on the DIS jumped up and started flashing at me with 3 beeps. So I switched off.

Referring to the manual, this means the coolant is either:
-temperature too high
-coolant is too low.

I have checked the coolant level and whilst it looks a bit lower than usual (i.e. under the max, yet still above min) there is coolant still in.

The temperature can not be too high – obviously.

After checking the coolant I tried to fire it up again, and again my battery is flat. I am using a teeny 1.0ltr polo to give it charge though can swap to a Diesel MGZR – which I think I’m going too.

Any ideas / suggestions? I really need my car for work – typically at the end of the holidays this always happens to me! Heh.

In the past I have left it for longer periods of time and it always fire up first time – never skipped a beat.

Any suggestions would be super.

Cheers
Rob :)

Hopefully nothing to worry about. Put in literally an 8th of a pint of water, charged charged her off the polo, started her up - no beeps. Let her get up to temp and took her out for a 20mile drive so hopefully that will have got the battery charged up a bit.

vagcom reported nothing out of the ordinary. Will have to check that she starts up again later tonight, and hopefully in the morning.

Fingers crossed.