New seats! How do I wire up the airbags?

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hi guys, I've just won these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330296142371

I've been after a set of black/red mk4 golf recaros for ages, but havn't found any decent ones for sale. So seeing as the facelift A3 sport seats are just unbadged recaros, when I saw these in half leather, I couldn't resist!

my only problem is, these are from a facelift car, and mine is pre facelift.

I've heard the airbag plugs are different, but it's apparently an easy job to rewire.

Do I need to rewire the seats, or the the plugs on my car?

Does anyone know exactly what I need to do to get them fully working?

Many thanks in advance

Nick

Nice little bargain you got there mate! Mind you i only paid 300 for my S3 Recaro's :p

Cant help with the wiring though im afraid, Shy19s On here is going to give me a hand wiring up mine soon maybe we could make a day of it?

Jason

sounds like fun mate!

I'm happy enough with these tbh, I wouldn't want full black leather S3 seats, as they arn't supportive enough being full leather, and the half alcantara seats like yours go for a fortune! I've loved the mk4 gti recaros for years now, and these are exactly the same seat, so I'm chuffed to bits.

I'll let you know when they're in and fitted! Are you just driving around with the airbag light on at the moment?

Yeah i am at the moment been like that for a while to be honest,

Just on my way to get my Yoko Parada's fitted, be nice to have some grip again the ****** thing is spinning all the way up to third even in the dry!

Jason