A turbo for people that want a bolt-on solution-

R1GTI

Reaction score
Ok - deed is done. I've got some pics of the install if anyone's interested?

Bit of a newbie tho' so don't know how to upload in-line pics like above. Can anyone shed some light and I'll then post them.

Thx. M

Greg

I'll may you mine as well this evening. Im another webspace-less person :(

will

The E05 K04 Hybrid

e-05.jpg

K03 S Comp wheel & larger turbine wheel - looks like a k22 wheel to me:
e05%20comp.jpg

Learn more about it here

This looks like the perfect bolt on to take you past the magic 300, sell your k04 to someone with a 180 or turbo sport and your well away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

I hope to see at least one of you with this and 320cc's before the summer is out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Research it carefully, ive followed this on Vortex and it produces no more power than a K04 from a TT/S3

Got one on the golf, and the turbos rated in the 250-260hp region at best. It's smaller than the K04 you've got on your s3's already.
You'd be better getting a K04-23 modified if you want a bolt on option, or go for a propper big turbo.
On an 150/180hp car this turbo works well as an upgrade.

[ QUOTE ]
GolfTTish said:
Got one on the golf, and the turbos rated in the 250-260hp region at best. It's smaller than the K04 you've got on your s3's already.
You'd be better getting a K04-23 modified if you want a bolt on option, or go for a propper big turbo.
On an 150/180hp car this turbo works well as an upgrade.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's your thoughts for someone with a fecked K03? What's the cheapest upgrade and the easiest to get a map for? Was originally considering a Mitsi TD04, but I'm concerened about the amount of work I'll have to do to fit it as the kit is intended for a 210/225 TT and whether I can get a map done cheaply...preferably Oettinger...any ideas welcome.

a modded k04/k03 hybrid is going to be a good replacement for a k03.

for a real custom chip solution, i can think of several ways - someone like AMD, try revo they have some code for non-standard turbos, or maybe a dastek unichip - these dont actually change the ecu chip, but use a piggyback system to modify the chips responses.

they are extremely good if the installer is good. the installation/mapping price is usually about £500

Just chuck a second hand k03S on it and run your standard map. You'll gain some top end for £250.
Jabba have already produced some tweaked maps for k03s's on k03 cars (ndbw).
Revo can offer maps for hybrids on dbw cars.

Should be no reason why it wouldn't run OK.
I ran the e05 on a k03s map for months without a problem, but some guys have run ko3s on k03 maps, and had minor problems.

Don't know for sure andy. My glof ones were borderline on the ko3s at 4 bar, and bigger ones are £200+ the vat.

Talk to Kev. He can give you a better idea.