Juddering when turning

andyg0141

Reaction score
When i put full lock on in my A3 1.8T sport, the car feels as tho it judders or bounces round instead of being nice and smooth. It mainly happens when reversing out my drive, feels as tho there are small stones beneath the wheels and makes a sound as if its juddering (you can feel it as well)

Any ideas what may be wrong? Defo not a CV joint and its not 4wheel drive so not haldex.

Cheers, Andy

When i put full lock on in my A3 1.8T sport, the car feels as tho it judders or bounces round instead of being nice and smooth. It mainly happens when reversing out my drive, feels as tho there are small stones beneath the wheels and makes a sound as if its juddering (you can feel it as well)

Any ideas what may be wrong? Defo not a CV joint and its not 4wheel drive so not haldex.

Cheers, Andy

Can you feel it vibrate right underneath you and it feels like it goes from one end of the car to the other?

I know what judder your talking about andy, ive got the same thing on the S3. Got to take it back up to Midland VW on friday to get a few bits checked, that being one of them, so ill let you know!

its more a juddering from left to right of the car...its hard to explain but the easiest way i can describe it is like when u slide on gravel when on full lock!!

Cheers,
Andy

Ill be sure to let you know, cant be anything majorly dangerous lol it only happens on full lock!

Need to stop spending so much money mind... new years resolution.... earn more spend less!

i have same on my car when turning out of my road in the morning, i have checked everyhting and there is nothing broke. But when try it on a flat road turning both ways it doesnt do it.

could it be down to cold tyres, cold weather, slippy road surfaces?