EM TuningChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Juddering when turning

When i put full lock on in my A3 1.8T sport, the car feels as tho it judders or bounces round instead of being nice and smooth. It mainly happens when reversing out my drive, feels as tho there are small stones beneath the wheels and makes a sound as if its juddering (you can feel it as well)

Any ideas what may be wrong? Defo not a CV joint and its not 4wheel drive so not haldex.

Cheers, Andy

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg0141 View Post
    When i put full lock on in my A3 1.8T sport, the car feels as tho it judders or bounces round instead of being nice and smooth. It mainly happens when reversing out my drive, feels as tho there are small stones beneath the wheels and makes a sound as if its juddering (you can feel it as well)

Any ideas what may be wrong? Defo not a CV joint and its not 4wheel drive so not haldex.

Cheers, Andy
    Can you feel it vibrate right underneath you and it feels like it goes from one end of the car to the other?

2nd Gear

Status
    I know what judder your talking about andy, ive got the same thing on the S3. Got to take it back up to Midland VW on friday to get a few bits checked, that being one of them, so ill let you know!
    A4 B7 2.0 TDi S-Line Special Edition Gloss Red, BOSE, 18" Black RS4s, Black / Grey Leather, Sat Nav

Reverse Gear

Status
    its more a juddering from left to right of the car...its hard to explain but the easiest way i can describe it is like when u slide on gravel when on full lock!!

Cheers,
    Andy

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah ive got the same thing!
    A4 B7 2.0 TDi S-Line Special Edition Gloss Red, BOSE, 18" Black RS4s, Black / Grey Leather, Sat Nav

Reverse Gear

Status
    grrr be interesting to hear what it is when u find out mate!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Ill be sure to let you know, cant be anything majorly dangerous lol it only happens on full lock!

Need to stop spending so much money mind... new years resolution.... earn more spend less!

4th Gear

Status
    i have same on my car when turning out of my road in the morning, i have checked everyhting and there is nothing broke. But when try it on a flat road turning both ways it doesnt do it.

could it be down to cold tyres, cold weather, slippy road surfaces?
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

Reverse Gear

Status
    any joy with this mark??