The best RS4 Replica

CaTFiSH

Reaction score
There are lot of replicas!!! I'm looking for the best Replica in paint colour(Not black silver, Silver as the original), which can have the OEM caps adapted and also with the edge of the spokes with that little step from the center to the border of the wheel.

This is a nice replica, the best i've seen.

HEre mille miglia 18x8.5 RS4 Replica. The step ont he spokes goes only to the half of the spoke.

the biggest problem i found was trying to get the companies to identify their replicas - most didnt know what make or didnt want to say. particularly the cheaper ones.

Here my ugly replicas, Very ugly center caps, Black Silver spokes, and also with the step only from the border of the wheel to the medium of the spoke

I thought as much! I had two sets of 19" RS4s, the first set were beautiful, nice dish, perfect finnish and the step when all the way but allas the coating flaked off. Anyways, the replacements came and they sucked! There was no dish, the step wasn't worth talking about and the finnish looked as though it came from a can of silver wheels, but according to the the shop, Skidz in Falkirk, by the way, they said they were the same wheels from the same manufacturer, my Ar53.

I used to like these wheels untill they brought our crap copies, which I ended up with.

Least now I know I wasn't going off my head!

where did you get the good replicas from?

You can get excellent replicas that look like the top picture from Rochford Tyres.

Rick, if you get a nice offset the centre of the wheel will appear 'dished' (curves in).

That makes or breaks an RS4 rep. They catch the light relly nicely withy a big dish, and look dull and boring without one.

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
Rick, if you get a nice offset the centre of the wheel will appear 'dished' (curves in).

That makes or breaks an RS4 rep. They catch the light relly nicely withy a big dish, and look dull and boring without one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happenjs even more with the RS6's. The offset on mine is ET35 and its perfect. Looks splendide from front/rear end angle.

Rich

Guys i just got mine fitted and they look great. Now they are Reps, but fortunately the centre caps came with a matt finish, and featured the small black holes. - Classy. Also this "dish" look (like the miniscus in science?) is in full effect.

What i think it means is that when the wheel is in full motion it looks like there is a convex right?

I had the oportunity to buy mille miglia replica 18x8,5 but the front wheels go out from the car, as shows the picture

However i found a place where rs4 replica 18x8 are sold, the same as this pic

1_52_4_large.gif

any of you have these replicas? I have info about these wheels, on the pic they show taht have the step on all the spoke, and on the info it says that OEM caps are adaptable, so these could be my perfect rs4 replicas.

I attach a pic where you can see that RS4 18x8.5 goes outs from the car....

CaTFISH that looks spot on to me. If you were to stand perfectly parallel with the car that would be nigh on perfect. Mine look like that from the angle you took the photo, but still sit just inside the lip on full suspension travel.

I had the Rochford RS4 reps and I compared them directly with OEM wheels. The difference was never noticed by anyone especially as OEM centres go straight on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If you looked extremely closely you could see a sligtht difference in finish but this was never an issue.
There's plenty of pictures (including hi res close ups) HERE

13366374-b1a6-02000180-.jpg

I then moved onto Rochfords RS6 replicas which are HERE

21050261-5906-02000180-.jpg

I have the RS4 reps with the lip that only goes halfway. Has a more tapered look. HOWEVER, if oyu look at the new s-line pics for the B7 on the german audi site, my rims look exactly like them. Here's some pics:

jmg-nightwater.jpg

jmg-moon.jpg

I *think* i may have recently bent one of them, so if I can't get it fixed I will be desperately looking for a replacement. Unfortunately i got them used so I have no idea where to get them. Most places have the standard looking wheels. Anyone have any leads?

the wheels i recently bought are supposidly the closest thing to the real McCoys , got them from the TT shop , they stock genuine centre caps as well which fit these reps like a glove on a chickens lip .
But while i was there i compared some RS4 reps to the RSTT wheels , and the difference is mental the RS4 wheels are flat as a pancake even the guys warned me about them being a lot cheaper , where the dish on the others is mint , just like the originals.

[ QUOTE ]
pinkys3 said:
like a glove on a chickens lip .

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif