S3: Going to refurbish the suspension, tie bars, roll bars etc. What do I need?

Dennis Moeller

Reaction score
Hi again.

OK, in my hunt for the perfect S3 I'm going to refurbish the suspension and drivetrain...I've started another thread on which suspension to choose and it seems to be the Bilstein B8 are the ones to grab. Springs; I will have to decide on that too but for now I got the dampers/springs under control.

So:
Suspension: OK
ARB - H&R front & rear: OK (need to decide what size but thats just details)
Brakes: OK (going to fit new OEM discs but better pads and braided line and upgrade to a better / new fluid, this will do for now)

So here comes my questions, bear with me:

I want to change all the bushes to new OEM ones...anyone who know all the partnumbers?
The ARB's already comes with bushes, right, so those I don't need. What about tie rods, arms, tranny / diff holders and other bits and bobs...

What will I have to replace in order to get a new "under carriage". Don't think if it's worth it or not, I'm going to do it anyway. I got the car cheaper for taht reason that it needs some TLC.

I just want opinions on what to change. Partnumbers for the bushes would be sweet too. Other stuff can be aftermarket / upgraded but the bushes are to be OEM...

As ever, thanks for your time!!

if you lower it mate, your want the forge/kw tie bars to adjust camber.
i replaced the top mounts when changing my susspension

I did, learned a lot! But still, I need some more info hehe...

Is there a site, pdf file or similar where all the bushes and mounts are listed?

@mat20vt: yeah adjustable tie bars at the rear are noted. Also will order the drop links in the front, going for V-Maxx shortened ones if nothinh better is suggested. The are shorter, and even tho I'm not going to lower it drastically it's probably better to install the shortened ones...

What about control arms up front. Saw brand new ones on eBay for 99 quid per side...they have the track "balls" attached, right. Switch to new ones or just replace the "balls"?

The thing I'm after the most are the part numbers for the bushes throughout the car...