Long Life Service Costs

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Hey dudes!!!

My car has previously always been serviced on a long life service and its due in the next month or so. This is the first time im getting the car serviced so can anyone advise on what sort of price to expect and if its worth taking it to a Stealer as its got full main dealer SH(may have just answered my own question there) or get it done myself??

Also can anyone advise on the different types of service eg, Variable or Long Life??

Oh and finally its a 2002 S3.

Cheers Nilz

Oh and im in Birmingham if that makes any difference.....

might be better to have more regular service intervals the older the car gets, rather than wait 20K miles (or whatever it is). :think:

Do it yourself man, everything you need can be purchased at ECP or GSF, hardest part is changing the Sparkplugs though, it's more time consuming than actually being hard.

nilz i needed a service myslf and jut took it to jody at midland vw. decent price for a full service with change of brake fluid and haldex oil and filter as well as on vagcom to check for any errors etc.good service at midland vw as always.

So if i do it myself, what do i need to do apart from the below:

Air, oil, fuel and pollen filter, spark plugs, an oil change and reset the service indicator.

Also if i wanted to change it from the long life to shorter (say 10k service) can I do this myself or is this a VAGCOM jobbie??

Finally the Haldex oil change, how do i know if this needs doing, how much is the oil and how easy is it to do this???

Thanks
Nilz

So if i do it myself, what do i need to do apart from the below:

Air, oil, fuel and pollen filter, spark plugs, an oil change and reset the service indicator.

Also if i wanted to change it from the long life to shorter (say 10k service) can I do this myself or is this a VAGCOM jobbie??

Finally the Haldex oil change, how do i know if this needs doing, how much is the oil and how easy is it to do this???

Thanks
Nilz
all the filters you have said is what you need to do,

am sure mine was on a long life but i never changed the service counter, just made a note in my service book and change it yearly

its a good idea to change the haldex oil to, oil and filter should cost about £30 but you will need a tool which is about £25, but its a good idea to buy for future

Cheers Ricks,

Dont suppose you got the tool for the Haldex or know someone with it???

gonna sound stupid but i'm new, wot is haldex?

Its a system in the Quattro that actually make the car work like a 4WD, google it, theres loads of info on it, (as i have just found out too lol)

i just got mine serviced, went to the local stealer and asked what i needed for a 60,000 service. apparantly haldex oil needs done every 20 and filter every 40 aswell. all parts from audi cost me £102, then labour was 15 p/h., so got it all done for about £160

Thats not a bad price, I have just totalled up all my parts and it comes to about £112 including Haldex oil and filter, all from Euro Car Parts.

Think the Haldex needs doing as cant see it being done in the Dealer SH that I have.

dhyndi, how long did it take to get it all done??

Been quoted £160 for the TT at Midland VW + £80 for haldex oil and filter service; this includes a new coolant temp sensor too! So not bad price to be honest, booked in for tomorrow morning :)

is haldex for the gearbox????????

so what needs servicing on it???

i just got mine serviced, went to the local stealer and asked what i needed for a 60,000 service. apparantly haldex oil needs done every 20 and filter every 40 aswell. all parts from audi cost me £102, then labour was 15 p/h., so got it all done for about £160

they charged me 3 hours, but i had them fix the back washer and the mechanic was a bit of an enthusiast about the whole car!!! was good to get it all checked over and know nothing was wrong.