Concert II for S3, for sale?

metricspaces

Reaction score
Anyone have a Concert II for sale (the one with the CD player) to fit a 1999 S3?

I currently have a Concert I (with the tape) and I want a Concert II that will sit 100% flush in the dash.

If anyone currently has replaced a Concert I with a Concert II and it sits flush, could you send me on the part number please?

I'm having trouble getting info on what the correct part number is for the Concert II for my car. I've read that the following two will fit in

4B0 057 186
8Z0 057 186

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Second that mate, im after the same thing, got an old aftermarket CD player only problem is, the ISO adapters arent capable of wiring up the BOSE speaker setup which concludes a separate ISO adapter connecting the speakers to the Front/Rear speaker phono connections on the back of the cd player.

It works well, but the popping when changing song or between cd/radio is very annoying.

I have seen a few of the 8Z0 057 186 A's going on Ebay for a decent price:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-CONCERT-CD-PLAYER-RADIO-STEREO-A3-A4-A6-A8-TT_W0QQitemZ330295283234QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item330295283234&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-CONCERT-...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

Hope this helps!

I just want to say IIRC make sure your current concert 1 uses CAN - the info is on this forum to find out.

If it has it will be fine if it hasnt got CAN then its a hassle as you would need a can simulator (£90) - mine didnt have it so i will prob go aftermarket

Also i dont know what p/n's will fit but the only diffence seems to be the face plate.

PS they come up on ebay but tbh for a decent one they arent cheap.

I just want to say IIRC make sure your current concert 1 uses CAN - the info is on this forum to find out.

If it has it will be fine if it hasnt got CAN then its a hassle as you would need a can simulator (£90) - mine didnt have it so i will prob go aftermarket

As far as I understand the Concert II will still work without CAN. You just have problems like: it cuts out after an hour, it doesn't light up when you turn on the lights.

I can live with the limitations of using a Concert II without CAN.

Also i dont know what p/n's will fit but the only diffence seems to be the face plate.
Yep, this is what I understand too, but I want the Concert II that will sit 100% flush with the dashboard in my S3.

I've searched the forums...but I couldn't find any information for the part number of the Concert II that will fit in 100% to a prefacelift S3 8L.

Surely someone out there must have replaced a Concert I in a prefacelift S3 8L with a Concert II?

i replaced mine a week ago with one...part number 8z0 035 186....i bought two canbus emulators from germany (due to the high postage costs i thought i may as well buy two incase anyone else needs one) so have one spare if anyone wants it....think i paid about £150 all in for the two delivered so if someone wanted one for say £70 delivered there welcome too it....they were bought from here
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...lator-Audi-Concert-2--Chorus-2--Symphony.html

Cheers, Andy

Well after whipping the old stereo out today, seems that it is already CAN setup so a straight swap shouldnt be a problem.

The model number on the side of mine is 4Z0 035 186 so im assuming the only difference with 4->8 is the CD player part of it!

Hey guys, I have been thinking of doing this for a while....can I ask a stupid question.....how would I know if mine would need this CAN-BUS simulator? :redface:

Cheers
J

i replaced mine a week ago with one...part number 8z0 035 186....i bought two canbus emulators from germany (due to the high postage costs i thought i may as well buy two incase anyone else needs one) so have one spare if anyone wants it....think i paid about £150 all in for the two delivered so if someone wanted one for say £70 delivered there welcome too it....they were bought from here
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...lator-Audi-Concert-2--Chorus-2--Symphony.html

Cheers, Andy

Hi Andy, is your S3 a prefacelift?

Maybe someone can correct me, but I think the facia for the prefacelift is different than the facelift?

Hey all....

Very interesting post you've started here. I'm after exactly the same thing here.

I have the Tape (BOSE too) system and was wondering if the FaceLift S3 is the one with CANBUS.

Why do Audi do these silly things why is it not just as simple as plug and play. Its really gets on my boobs.

I wish to fit the Concert II but think that the pre facelift and facelift piano centre console is different (slightly) and therefore might not fit?

Confusing to say the least!

I've got my eyes out for Concerts though as i don't want aftermarket stuff. Doesn't look right imo. I love the OEM look!

G

Here's the outcome of my search for a Concert II http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=63066

Thank you! So you tried it and this is what you came out with right:

""
I just got a Concert II from Ebay with part number 8z0 035 186a.

The Concert II has precisely the same dimensions as the Concert I so it fits in 100%.

The only thing, as mentioned by AlexStanley above is that the radio is grey whereas my dash is black.
""

As I have the facelift (2001 with CAN) I'm interested to find out what size fascia I need...hopefully they didnt change that too...?!?

Did you find out whether it was made in a fascia color to fit your dash...was it the letter at the end of the part number or was it the part number itself?

Cheers...

Btw. If I use a concert 2 in my pre-facelift without the can-bus simulator, will it still show for example the track playing on the FIS, or are the only cons with not having the simulator that it will not turn on from the ignition, and that it will turn off after an hour?