DV Relocation kit...help please?

Mr.Blonde

Reaction score
As you might of guessed i got a Forge DV Relocation kit for crimbo!..
smile.gif
..i have fitted the kit but not been able to give it a road test yet.just wanna make sure if put it the right way as the instructions dont say 100%.Am'i right that you block off the hose which comes from the metal pipe?..and with dv valve does the bottom end fit straight into the ic hose outlet?..not the side bit if ya know what i mean?..lol
wacko.gif

Ive got some photos of the set up,so if anyone could see if i have done it right?.im not sure if i put the dv in the right postion??..
blink.gif

SNV31156.jpg

SNV31157.jpg

SNV31154.jpg

Thanks mate,i went for a test drive and it didnt make the noraml noise as normal.infact i didnt think it made any noise just noise came out of the filter?..and it seemed slower!!

your DV is in backwards mate, if you're running high boost on a standard spring, it will be forced open for sure. Flip it round to the side of the DV goes into the throttle body hose.

Also, I don't like the look of the vacuum line, have you used a joiner to connect into the old DV top line? It gives you WAY too much un-needed hose and much more chance for a leak. If there's a leak in that vacuum line the DV won't be opening as it should at all, and also won't be held shut under boost, so with it being in backwards, you're probably loosing boost!

Trace the original DV feed back to the inlet manifold (may be the FPR on some) and plug the silicon in there directly.

The noise with the cold side kit is definately different though, dont worry about that

Wicked stuff prawn,thanks for ya help!..yeah im gonna do that with the vac hose 2moz if i have enuff.

you have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than enough. see where it's resting on top of the inlet manifold in the bottom right of the pic? That's there it needs to connect underneath!

Oh right,so when i feed it back to see where to conects its under the inlet manifold?

the line you have tapped onto the end of, trace it back, and you will find it is connected to the inlet mani, rip all that crap out, including the metal section of the pipe, and fit the silicon directly onto the inlet mani.

the less joins you have in the pressurised system the better!