S3 owners changing prefacelift to facelift headlamps

Audi_Alex

Reaction score
Hi there,

one of my prefacelift headlamps has gone off-white and i was wondering if any guys out there have any pre-facelift headlamps they want to get rid of?

any ideas what the going price of one of these are from audi? also how much hassle is it to go for an aftermarket kit? (not facelift lights, as i dont' really like the look of them)

cheers in advance :)

Alex

wouldnt touch aftermarket at all mate...you get what you pay for

keep an eye out on ebay, theres usually the odd one on there

Yaz, have you got a picture of one of these on an S3 (preferably black)

not usually one to go for aftermaket items, but i'm intrigued...

cheers

Yaz, have you got a picture of one of these on an S3 (preferably black)

not usually one to go for aftermaket items, but i'm intrigued...

cheers

I haven't i'm afraid but i know the guy who owns this shop, he's very well known on the In Car Audio scene.
He recently imported these in apparently from a manufacturer who already fabricates headlights for cars as original items like Hella for example.
I'm not sure if he has sold any yet, but i do know that he is the sole importer into the UK, you want me to have a word?

if there for the a3 i dont think they will fit the s3 as the headlight bulb in the s3 is xenon and is a different fit, only way i see you could do it is if you could remove the original xenons and fit an aftermarket hid conversion kit that will fit the a3 bulb type

thats what i dont get Kev.... these people would not make an aftermarket light for the S3, if you consider that they are self leveling and have xenons, they would be aimed at such a tight market it just wouldnt be worth anybodies while....especially as xenons have to have an EU approval before being allowed in the UK

Let's try to bring this back to my original intention... Are there any prefacelift owners out there who changed their headlights to facelift ones and still have the old ones lying about? If so, do they fancy selling them for a half deent price?

Cheers

if you do find some facelift head lights, it's not an easy swap, took me about 8 hours, and you need to cut the inner wings and other parts....

hi, Ive got two used pre facelift light units i want rid of. i have got the level motors only they are from a facelift one but if you have some in yours then they just twist in. let me know if your interested :hi:

Ollie,

guessing these might have gone to the other guy with the newer thread?! If not, do yours come with ballasts, as this is what i suspect has broken, as the headlight is now intermittent? how much are you looking for?

Nono not yet, Im not desperate for them. Also seems to me you need them to drive your car at night!....So your priority :thumbsup: