Avus 18" on A3

AndrewUkR6

Reaction score
Hi, decided I'd try for a set of thse rather than RSTT reps. Am i right in thinking these wont fit on without hub adaptors? Also do 18's noticably effect handling and ride comfort?

If anyone has a set going also feel free to PM me - reps or OEM!

Hi mate, I've got 18'' avus S4 rims on my A3, i think they're REALLY nice. they look very subtle, which I like, yet miles better than standard/rs4's.

I think they're about the best suited wheel to the shape of the A3/S3.

gallery_168_26_46415.jpg

gallery_168_26_44648.jpg

gotta get me some of these wheels, look awsome:arco:

Oh those wheels just look the best!!! I need me a set of those!! :hubbahubba:
Wicked looking A3 there Prawn!:applaus:

Prawn, what offset are your wheels and what size spacers (if any) have you used?

<tuffty/>

yeah im gonna get some. However will need hub adaptors to make OEM fit - is this what you've done prawn. The thinnest you can get is 15-20mm....

Or go the rep route.

Anyone have any for sale?

yeah im gonna get some. However will need hub adaptors to make OEM fit - is this what you've done prawn. The thinnest you can get is 15-20mm....

Or go the rep route.

Anyone have any for sale?

I think those wheels on Ebay are reps Andy, might be worth contacting them. If i'm not mistaken they're probably multi-drill 5x100 & 5x112

thanks Yaz - no they definitely are reps, but I've seen some others around. Not sure whether i really want to opt for replicas. Fine if someone else has checked the quality but alot of money to spend if their poor...

I have those wheels and from tat supplier on Ebay. Good delivery, well packaged. Wheels are good quality. No issues with them at all. I've broken the centre caps though and need some replacement ones. The plastic clips ain't the best an I think the garage put them on wrong a few times.

I got them without tyre's though a picked up some on my own else where. Their tyre range wasn't that good in my opinion.

They look mint on the car and are a very good choice of wheel.

thanks eagle for reply. How long have you had tem on the car? I dont suppose any idea of weight compared to the ones you removed?

Wonder if you can replace the replica centre caps with OEM audi ones - they look a little different.

I think they're spot on mate, maybe just get the wheels without tyres and source some better ones yourself

my wheels are et35 reps, multidrilled 5x100/5x112 as Yaz said. not running any spacers in those pics.

The quality is incredibly high though, I used to park up next to an S4 every day and these are just as good a finish. Weight also isn't an issue, these weigh almost exactly the same as my 17'' TT ronals I took off. I've had mine ten months now and not had a single issue at all, they just had new tyres last week and they're all still perfectly straight and true, despite being down some very nasty lanes full of pot holes.

For the hasstle of using hub adaptors, I'd say it's not even worth trying to get originals.

Where did you get them from? Really like the OEM look. Prob would need spacers on my S3 though with the wider arches.

The only ones I have found on ebay so far say they are ET45 which seems odd.

<tuffty/>

i think they look perfect.....

i have mk5 golf gti alloys on mine (5 hole polished face 1s)

now debating on some of these....

i dont think she'll be too happy tho, as i have had the golf wheels 4 a month....

be interested where people got these from. Perhaps they all come from the same source as reps are not common. Elite direct wanted about £600. A guy on ebay is at £450 - also might import some in.

Just hope they dont become as common as RS-TT's! Thanks