Problem with my old s3

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score
As alot of you know i sold my s3 to a mate to buy my touareg,well we tonight was driving along as about 40mph and the engine lost power an d started stuttering,i put my vagcom on it and it came up with p0301 misfire on cylinder one,has anyone had this problem before if so what was it,ph and ive tried iunplugging the maf and its still the same and removed the plug from the coil pack on cylinder one adn it made it worse which makes me think the coil pack is ok?

What do you reckon spark plugs?

I'd still go with the coil pack breaking down... Your plugs wouldn't just go

I'd just had this on mine. It was the coil pack, it just didn't die straight away. It stuttered for a couple of days before giving up the ghost.

Switch the coil pack to another cylinder to see if the miss fire follows it, That will prove it beyond a doubt.

Coil packs are a common failiure sadly

One of my coilpacks went last week. The car idled fine, but under full load at any revs the engine would stutter and shake; driving through the revs gently was fine and the engine was smooth, so I guess the coilpack was partially working and that they can malfuncation in differening amounts.

When I put it onto my friends vagcom it showed cylinder 3 misfire. We swapped the coilpack to cylinder 2 and went for a drive with vagcom logging block 015 and 016 and cylinder 2 was showing loads of misfires everytime I accelerated, so it was obvious it was the coilpack.

Price and part number of coilpacks in my post here:
http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=64443