Audi A3 to S3 steering wheel conversion

Im pretty sure its a straight swap.. But your going to have to deal with the airbag myth!

The whole "have/don't have to disconnect the battery". I would, to be on the safe side...But that wheel looks exactly like my pre-facelift sports wheel just without the badge!

aa18_1.JPG
" THE ODD MARK HERE AND THERE " ?? The leather looks pretty wrecked on the right side. No reserve and no bids though, hope you get yourself a bargain! I can't see why Audi would have a different steering column fitment between the A3 and S3.

yeah i used that as example ive got one the same somewhere else but didnt have a pic.

cheers
Lads

Yeah thats the pre-facelift version, I've worked many times on my audi's & not once disconnected the battery for airbag work, but upto you, the airbag conversion for facelift is purely a wire reversal, I did this on my 99 S3 when had with a facelift alcantara wheel from the RS4, same as the S3 facelift wheel just suede instead & airbag same, note facelift airbag is different shape to pre-facelift so wont fit, www.airbagsforsale.com are good for airbags if needed.

Yeah thats the pre-facelift version, I've worked many times on my audi's & not once disconnected the battery for airbag work, but upto you, the airbag conversion for facelift is purely a wire reversal, I did this on my 99 S3 when had with a facelift alcantara wheel from the RS4, same as the S3 facelift wheel just suede instead & airbag same, note facelift airbag is different shape to pre-facelift so wont fit, www.airbagsforsale.com are good for airbags if needed.

The airbag will come with the wheel mate i am getting.

My car is 97 a3 tdi. But im getting a 2002 s3 wheel so i have to cross wires? or is it same fit?

Yeah well I had to so I should think yours also needs swapping