Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

Clutch pedal stuck down,not broken peddle

The gf pulled up to the lights just by our place and the peddle stayed on the floor. I recovererd it by driving clutchless to the car park to have a look.

The pedal appears to be sound, all clips in place and master cylinder rod still clipped in, i tried bleeding but get almost no fluid out of the nipple so i assume the MC has gone.
    I checked back into its history and find that the MC was changed just over 20k ago and the Slave was done 4k ago.

Anyone have any other ideas?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I had an issue the same as this on one of my old cars (not an audi) and it turned out to be the mechanism for the clutch arm had siezed. managed to free it up be getting a crowbar on the clutch arm then caned it with half a can of grease and it was sound after that.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Cheers. Sadly the clutch peddle moves up and down by hand just doesnt operate the clutch,i wish it was that easy

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    ah shame its not the the usual pedal issue of welding breaks, sounds like from others on this matter the MC tbh, pedal is ok & rod ok so its only thing really isnt it??

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

aye !!! 54 down the drain, but we need a working car as the A4 Roman candle isnt working yet

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Ahhh mate, you needed that like a hole in the head. Give us a shout if you need anything

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Cheers, nothing seems to be in stock localy so i have to wait till at least Monday afternoon for it. Prob gonna have to drive the car clutchless to collect the MC and maybe fit it there and then,lol

4th Gear

Status
    intrigued how do you drive clutchless? I think ive got an idea but will it not do your gearbox in?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benr View Post
    intrigued how do you drive clutchless? I think ive got an idea but will it not do your gearbox in?
    So long as you match the revs to the correct speed in the right gears, they just slot in and out with little effort, it's a PITA in traffic though, best done when it's clear and ideally you would want the car constantly rolling.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    good bloody luck tbh, I certainly wouldnt wanna drive like that & then also get in there to fit the MC, not on site anyway

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Have you taken the slave cylinder out to see if that moves in and out with the pedal? Not sure if you have an A3 or S3.

I had the arm inside the gearbox fail on my A3, which stopped the clutch from working. The pedal did return on it's own though.

Although the pedal seemed ok.

Gavin

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Nah aint taken the slave out as its a gearbox out job as its also the release bearing, fortunatly its not long been done so i hope its the MC.

I dont have a choice but to drive as we stuck in a crappy rural area with almost no puplic transport.Once clear of the lanes its a nice 2 lane A road so unless someone crashes or oradworks happen a bit of planning will get me there without stopping.....I hope !!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    So long as you match the revs to the correct speed in the right gears, they just slot in and out with little effort, it's a PITA in traffic though, best done when it's clear and ideally you would want the car constantly rolling.

Thought so. Dont think id ever try this myself.

Good luck Byzam

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

For the record, the master cylinder cured it.PHEW !!

Wasnt hard to do either.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Goodwork Mark! Now you can have a hassle free Xmas mate.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    For the record, the master cylinder cured it.PHEW !!

Wasnt hard to do either.
    Thank you my baby
    xx

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Riight guys, this just happened to my missus when she was driving the S3. She pressed the clutch pedal down to engage 1st gear at a set of lights and the pedal stayed down, so she couldn't pull off. But she stayed calm, pulled the pedal back up by hand and was able to get on her way back without any problems with the clutch for the rest of the journey. It's never happened to me before whilst driving, should I worry about it, or just drive it as it is?
    What would cause this and why would it happen mid driving and be ok after the pedal was pulled back up?

2nd Gear

Status
    this happend to me to about a year ago never did find out why it did it but its been fine ever since

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Riight guys, this just happened to my missus when she was driving the S3. She pressed the clutch pedal down to engage 1st gear at a set of lights and the pedal stayed down, so she couldn't pull off. But she stayed calm, pulled the pedal back up by hand and was able to get on her way back without any problems with the clutch for the rest of the journey. It's never happened to me before whilst driving, should I worry about it, or just drive it as it is?
    What would cause this and why would it happen mid driving and be ok after the pedal was pulled back up?
    Same thing happend to me, happend again a few days later..

Ended up being the slave cylinder (It was leaking fluid which was dripping from the box)

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    This has never happened to me in two years of ownership. I let the missus drive it for the first time on Christmas day and it happened to her. This leads me to believe that women are at fault.

But seriously, everything seems fine now so is it just a one-off or a sign of something more sinister? If it is, where do I look?
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I've been driving the thing most of yesterday and this morning, nothing at all... how odd, so if it happens again, look to the slave cylinder huh.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Damn slave is a 'box out job Joe !! The slave is around 40, the master is only 54 from the stealer. Have a look and make sure the brake fluid level is up properly too, as that can indicate a leaky system somewhere